Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    I use Lash-it 2.2 for my tarp ridgeline and tarp guy lines. Some use Lash-it or Zing-it 1.75 for their tarp ridgeline and guy lines.
    I think much of the hardware-titanium works best with 1.75

Since I tie knots, I prefer 2.2 to 1.75—it’s easier to tie knots with 2.2

I use amsteel in my hammock suspension. I use 1/8 amsteel, but most use 7/64 amsteel in their hammock suspensions.

When you call Dutchwaregear, the lady who answers the phone is very knowledgeable about their product offerings.
    I believe you can specify a fifty foot length of amsteel or Zing-it or Lash-it in a continuous 50 foot section.

Zing-it is more slick than Lash-it. Zing-it is slicker to be used for tossing line over branches for hanging bear bags.

It’s a good idea to attend a local spring group hang. There you can see, first hand all kinds of rigging for tarps and hammocks. Hammock campers enjoy talking about their gear.

Good luck

I bought mine from Sgt Knots (through their Amazon storefront - I had some giftcards).

I also get my 550 cord, bankline, and webbing from them.

https://sgtknots.com/

https://www.amazon.com/stores/SGTKNO...D?ref_=ast_bln

I went to the local backpacking store here, they had paracord, and 3mm amsteel.

so I ordered everything I needed from Amazon.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Dutch, Sgt Knots, and RSBTR are all on my vendors list for 7/64" Amsteel and/or Spectra. But there are other vendors and the options and prices may vary between vendors at any given time.

Like Dutch, it is common for other hammock cottage vendors to offer it. Examples:

And like Sgt Knotts, there are other Amazon-based vendors too. Examples:And like RSBTR, there are DIY and other specialty supplies vendors (particularly arborists and marine supply vendors) that carry it on their websites. Examples:These are just examples. I have not personally purchased from all of these vendors, but I do comparison shop for the colors I want and lowest prices.

Note: I know all these vendors carry 7/64" because that's what I search for most often. But a lot of these vendors carry other sizes as well.
    Last edited by PopcornFool; 02-27-2024 at 23:38.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    West Marine usually has a sale once or twice a year. A few years back, some of us bought a “lifetime” 600 ft spool. I think it came to under 5 cents a foot. Don’t recall if it was a West Marine sale. Can’t check past records at this time.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Wise Owl (for now)
    Insulation
    HangtightNaturhike
    Suspension
    Straps and DIY UCR
    One more site to check out: https://sregear.com/ I have bought from them and Dutchware and West Marine.
    New to hanging!

7/64 Amsteel is way more rope than you need. I would suggest Zing-It or Lash-It, which has a breaking strength over 400lbs, is lightweight, and doesn't hold much water.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    There are more factors than just holding strength. Working with the larger Amsteel can be easier. I doubt it holds any more water than Zing-It (though it does have more surface area) and if I ever get to the point where I need to use Lash-It because I'm not strong enough the carry the extra weight of 7/64ths, I might be a liability to my adventure companions.

For guylines or structural ridgelines, tarp supports - that level of use, I'd go for Zing-It, or Lash-It, all the way. But for hammock continuous loops and all the "gadgets" you can make with Amsteel, I'd go for 7/64th (sometimes 1/8th) because it's just easier for me to work with.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12