Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Wise Owl
    Insulation
    Alps TQ/Geertop UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

Hanging High Hammocks reviews

I'm on the quest for the next step up hammock from the entry-level Amazon special I have.

I'm looking at all the big names (Dutch, Majestic, Walhalla, etc) and keep seeing Hanging High Hammocks come up. His pricing seems incredibly good. Has anyone tried one of his hammocks? Are they comfy and easy to get flat?

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    I have their REM hammock and don't recommend it. There are several construction issues including some unfinished material edges on things like the netting itself as well as poor construction of the accessory pockets.
    After about a month of using it I bought another hammock, a Voyageur from SLD as I'm not much of a zip on netting person.
    Unfortunately I have to say that the quality of Onewind hammocks has been superior in the realm of inexpensive hammocks. Though Myers Tech makes what seems to be a good zip-on netting hammock that my mom has but I can't give a real eval of it.

"Sent w/o me knowing"

Hammock
    Tarp
    Wise Owl
    Insulation
    Alps TQ/Geertop UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Thanks! That's a real bummer. He seems like a super good dude when I've seen him post up. I was hoping the quality would be solid.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Sipperphoto - just a note to look not so much for a hammock that "gets flat", but rather read posts, watch YouTube videos, and books ("The Ultimate Hang") on how to achieve "flat" with proper setup. The various vendors don't provide more or less flatness; they provide feature options, fabric material choices, color, and size options, etc. The flatness is achieved by proper setting up with the appropriate sag and lie angle. Granted, the hammock needs to be the right size (not an 8 ft hammock for a six foot person), but the usual 11 ft. camping hammock works for almost anyone.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Wise Owl
    Insulation
    Alps TQ/Geertop UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Well yeah... thanks. Maybe that wasn't exactly what I was going for.. right now I'm using a shorter 9'6" hammock and it's fine for the yard, but probably not long enough for camping in on a regular basis, hence upgrading. Laying flat isn't my only concern, and I know setup has a lot to do with it.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Wise Owl (for now)
    Insulation
    HangtightNaturhike
    Suspension
    Straps and DIY UCR
    It's not what you asked for, but if you don't mind a zip-on bugnet, I recently upgraded from a short ENO (somewhere in the 9' range) to the Simply Light Designs Trail Lair (11') and really enjoy the construction and fabric quality as well as all of the available customization (I went for fixed ridgeline, underquilt hooks, and integrated continual loops in the ends). The owner, Jared, is easy to work with over email and the hammock is delightful. I also think the price was definitely good. Check them out if you are looking for a good intersection of price and quality.
    New to hanging!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Wise Owl
    Insulation
    Alps TQ/Geertop UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCD View Post
    It's not what you asked for, but if you don't mind a zip-on bugnet, I recently upgraded from a short ENO (somewhere in the 9' range) to the Simply Light Designs Trail Lair (11') and really enjoy the construction and fabric quality as well as all of the available customization (I went for fixed ridgeline, underquilt hooks, and integrated continual loops in the ends). The owner, Jared, is easy to work with over email and the hammock is delightful. I also think the price was definitely good. Check them out if you are looking for a good intersection of price and quality.
    Thanks. I didn't have them on my radar until about 3 hours ago. I really liked all the options they offer and I'm glad to hear a good review.
    I think I priced them out at about $200. Does that sound about right?

Hammock
    Tarp
    Wise Owl (for now)
    Insulation
    HangtightNaturhike
    Suspension
    Straps and DIY UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sipperphoto View Post
    Thanks. I didn't have them on my radar until about 3 hours ago. I really liked all the options they offer and I'm glad to hear a good review.
    I think I priced them out at about $200. Does that sound about right?
    I got the 11' hammock with hexon6 and the above mentioned features all-in for $160
    New to hanging!

• + New Posts