Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images

Winter XLC

I’m doing a 2 day backpacking trip in an urban setting using my new 21L backpack. U see the pack I have my XLC Warbonnet with custom multicam wooki (0°) and a hammock gear overstuffed burra. (20°). I have them in the OWL slug skins and then stuffed into a charcoal big pig stuff sack from Warbonnet. I’m bringing my brass UCO candle lantern and a headlamp and my firebox stove. I also got a new “seat” from PNW Bushcraft that you have to make legs for. This is going to be so much fun. I’m bring some cordage, a 1st aid kit and more stuff I’ll do a trip report later and show more items. I wanted to push the envelope and try to do a 2 nighter with just a 21L pack. I want to bring more stuff and use a 25-35liter pack that I love so I can bring my shovel but I really wanted to try out this new day pack or EDC pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    You got it all in there, maybe it will all fit on return trip. Looking forward to your trip

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    You got it all in there, maybe it will all fit on return trip. Looking forward to your trip
    Thanks buddy

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I think I see a hatchet. You might find a lighter alternative to that (carry some kindling sticks or skip the fire?). If you plan for a snow environment (the shovel), you might want to consider a snow saw too. They don't weigh much and having the ability to easily cut snow blocks is a plus in winter camping.

Looks like a clean pack setup - I'm guessing the hammock will be protected enough if it rains. I'd do my differently - tarp on the outside, hammock in the pack - but there is no "right", only, "It works for me."
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I like it. Good slumber and fine sitting to ya' feller.....
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    I think I see a hatchet. You might find a lighter alternative to that (carry some kindling sticks or skip the fire?). If you plan for a snow environment (the shovel), you might want to consider a snow saw too. They don't weigh much and having the ability to easily cut snow blocks is a plus in winter camping.

Looks like a clean pack setup - I'm guessing the hammock will be protected enough if it rains. I'd do my differently - tarp on the outside, hammock in the pack - but there is no "right", only, "It works for me."
    I have so many different backpack and so many options. I wanted to bring the hatchet because my shovel doesn’t fit this pack so I brought a really nice trowel that I did a Dakota fire pit with last night. I used the hatchet to make legs for the chair. It was nice and it fits good in this pack. The hatchet worked good for stripping the bark off the legs and Kerfing the edges that snug into the fabric seat. I wanted to use my 25L pack that comes with a shovel sleeve but I wanted to actually do two night with a bag consider to be an EDC bag. The 25 liter is a “day ruck” which I have already proven a great overnighter bag. I would say this pack as it sits is about 15-17lbs even so I wasn’t going for light I have a ton of lightweight stuff but I enjoy now using heavier things. Kind of weird but I kind of need out on this stuff. I am currently about 4.5 miles away from where I stayed last night. The frogs sang a chorus all night by the pond I camped at. It was marvelous watching some YouTube in that ridgeline thing. I really like the slug skin big pig combo hanging up my pack on a tree with the big Carl and strapping the whole hammock system. It’s nice to sit in it while packing up your bag and when your finished stuffing it and all the quilts and strapping to the bottom or top of pack. That being said I probably will use a bigger pack next time and keep this one as my EDC. I’m actually right now siting on a bench I installed in a forest I planted roughly 24,000 trees. Going to find a nook hopefully on trees I planted which was meadows and now a riparian corridor

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I like it. Good slumber and fine sitting to ya' feller.....
    Shug
    Thanks man. I watched the silent videa ya did I really liked it I really liked that combo insulated hammock very killer

• + New Posts