Hammock
    Superior Hammock / Dutch / Majestic
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Superior Hammock
    Suspension
    SuperiorSuspension
    Scott, you'll be super happy you did!! I'm laying in mine right now. Working from the hammock lol

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair & WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG 12ft. Sil Poly
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I got to ask. What specifically makes this hammock so special. How is it significantly different from any other gathered end? PS. Spiguyver has a new video but he was very non-committal and didn't go into many specifics. I'm betting he is not going to be giving up his bridge hammock anytime soon.
    ~ Rerun

In 100 years it won't make any difference...

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Superior Hammock
    Suspension
    SuperiorSuspension
    Ok, I'll try to do better at articulating why I'm such a huge fan.

At hangcon I saw this really cool trailer setup that Majestic uses to display his hammocks and to camp on. I came over and started a conversation with him about his trailer because I wanted to know a little more in how he constructed it. Kory started talking about his hammocks and the engineering he did to make them different than other gathered end hammocks. After a ton of convincing I finally laid down in one of his display hammocks and fifteen minutes later I ordered one and reluctantly got up so that he could get to making mine.

Here's what I initially thought - reduced / low / no shoulder squeeze. This is something that I sometimes feel with other hammocks. The sides are adjustable so that you can reduce or lengthen and adjust how the sides come up around you. I really have enjoyed this at home and have dialed in exactly what I like.
    Super flat lay - when I lay in this hammock I do not have to be at a serious diagonal to get a super flat lay. I only move myself a few degrees and I'm flat. There isn't a ton of pressure on my feet to stay flat like you get with a lot of other gathered end hammocks. Part of this is due to having the sides adjusted, but mostly due to the engineering.
    Integrated whoopie slings - Kory includes the suspension directly connected to the hammock and the different tree straps to connect to your anchor points makes it super easy to deploy. Double ended stuff sack for the hammock makes it easier to deploy. The integrated ridgeline is super durable and very adjustable.
    There are a couple of pockets on each side of the hammock for your phone/keys and other items.

I hope this helps. I know I've said it before in this thread, but I'll say it again I chose this hammock to sleep in full time at home because of how comfortable it is. It is my dedicated home sleeping hammock now. I still love my superior gear hammock especially the 3 seasons a year when an underquilt is super important and my daughter loves her dutchware chameleon (that she stole from me lol).

Hang Your Own Hang

Don

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Don - does the hammock have a bug net that works with those adjustable sides? If not, do you use a third-party, all-encompassing, bug net with the hammock when you camp outside?
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Superior Hammock
    Suspension
    SuperiorSuspension
    Hi Cougar, I have not taken it outside yet and have not purchased a bug net for it yet. Here is the website for his bugnet https://www.majestichammock.com/stor..._Bug_Nets.html

It'll be a few months before I'm worried about bugs here but once i get the net I'll report back for you.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Superior Hammock
    Suspension
    SuperiorSuspension
    20240208_131824.jpg
    Here's a photo without my uq

The head end straps are low on the pole on purpose and the foot end is higher. The head end straps did not slide down.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    I became interested in this one as well - Spiguyver showed it a little in his Youtube coverage of Hangcon24 and said he is going to do a review on the hammock soon.

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    It better have a massager built in...$$$$

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    Quote Originally Posted by rerun View Post
    I got to ask. What specifically makes this hammock so special. How is it significantly different from any other gathered end? PS. Spiguyver has a new video but he was very non-committal and didn't go into many specifics. I'm betting he is not going to be giving up his bridge hammock anytime soon.
    I did see his video - he's using bridge hammocks for a few reasons and I also do not suspect he is going to give them up.
    I'm wondering if the cut of the hammock is different so that there is more material in the center than the edges so that when the ends are gathered the center of the hammock does not become shorter than the outer edges.
    I also like the idea of the integrated pockets, but the bug net is kind of an issue for me. I spend a lot of time camping where things feed on me, and I've never used the envelope style bug net before and in my head I'm thinking it would be a fair amount of work to get in/out of.
    Maybe I'll make it to the next event Majestic goes to and can try one out....

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Wise Owl
    Insulation
    Alps TQ/Geertop UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    I also like the idea of the integrated pockets, but the bug net is kind of an issue for me. I spend a lot of time camping where things feed on me, and I've never used the envelope style bug net before and in my head I'm thinking it would be a fair amount of work to get in/out of.
    Maybe I'll make it to the next event Majestic goes to and can try one out....

I was really leaning towards the Majestic, but now I'm on the fence without having an integrated bug net. I'm in South Carolina where the state bird is the mosquito, and I'm not sure how I feel about it now.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast