Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusrex View Post
    I found them on Dutch's site. He calls them "Adjustable Wall Anchor" rather than L-track, so that's probably why you haven't been able to find them
    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/ad...e-wall-anchor/

Or maybe you saw them in a different shop.

The more I read up on these things and see other full-timers using them as I scour the forums, the more I'm thinking this will work for me. Continuing to dig.
    Yep, that's them, thanks for finding them! A good price too

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Trail Winder
    What if you made the stand look built in?

I saw a post somewhere (in here, I think) a few years ago in which someone had basically attached beams to their walls and ceiling. Vertical beams at each end were enclosed to resemble built-in cabinets. During the day, the hammock could be gathered to one end and hung in the cabinet. At night, the cabinet doors were opened and the hammock hung between them.

Meanwhile the beam on the ceiling handled the horizontal force and was covered with drywall and molding to look like a design feature in the room. If I remember correctly, it almost looked like an archway or a tray ceiling.

I did a quick search but could not find the post using my phone. Perhaps this idea will help you find a way to make a stand more aesthetically pleasing?

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Here's that thread,
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-hanging-setup

"Sent w/o me knowing"

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Trail Winder
    Yes! That’s it. Thanks!

Definitely more aesthetically pleasing than a stand.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic View Post
    What if you made the stand look built in?

I saw a post somewhere (in here, I think) a few years ago in which someone had basically attached beams to their walls and ceiling. Vertical beams at each end were enclosed to resemble built-in cabinets. During the day, the hammock could be gathered to one end and hung in the cabinet. At night, the cabinet doors were opened and the hammock hung between them.

Meanwhile the beam on the ceiling handled the horizontal force and was covered with drywall and molding to look like a design feature in the room. If I remember correctly, it almost looked like an archway or a tray ceiling.

I did a quick search but could not find the post using my phone. Perhaps this idea will help you find a way to make a stand more aesthetically pleasing?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    Here's that thread,
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-hanging-setup

"Sent w/o me knowing"
    Holy cow, that is amazing. it's definitely inspiring. I've been toying with a "built-in" look but nothing this incredible had crossed my mind. I'm intrigued and since I haven't officially started my bedroom remodel, I'm going to take this into consideration. I'm no architect or carpenter... and barely a DIY-er, so I doubt I've got what it takes to make something this exquisite, but I'm not completely incompetent either (or so I tell myself), so I'm willing to take a stab at something perhaps a little less ambitious.

Thanks!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    We've received our La Siesta Carolina hammocks. The packaging says minimum hang distance between anchors is just under 11 feet. Bedroom is ~15' x ~11', and while I can string them up comfortably at a slight angle across the short-length of the room, I'm starting to have my doubts about hanging from the walls as I had originally planned to do.

While I'm happy to DIY a hammock stand for hanging out in the backyard, I've never liked anything I've made enough to bring it into the house, so I'm looking at stand options. So far, the only thing that even comes close to being acceptable is the ENO Nomad. It's pricey, which sucks, and the dimensions listed on the ENO site are a bit longer than I'd like for my bedroom (the technical description puts the Nomad at 13'9").

I've done some googling and HF searches to see if anybody has experience with the Nomad and a Brazilian style Hammock and haven't found anything that really answers my concern. And I did find a thread from a couple of years ago that implies the Nomad isn't long enough for an XLC. Warbonnet lists the XLC at 11' (112" ridgeline) while La Siesta lists the Carolina at 11'6" (no built-in ridgeline). So I suspect if the Nomad at 13'9" isn't long enough for an XLC, it's not going to work for the Carolina.

Unless ENO has redesigned the Nomad since this thread, of course. I just don't want to drop $300 each on a pair of stands that are going to simultaneously be both too big and too small.

Note: A big reason why the Nomad is attractive is its portability. I have a Tensa4, a couple of Tensa Solos, and a pair of Trekking Treez. Enough that we can all hang when we go camping, even if the tree situation is bad (which is pretty normal in my area). While the Tensa4 is always a pleasure, I've found that the Solo/Treez options are harder to make work without extra guy-lines and/or stakes (I've got the long boom stakes as well as big orange screws and while it all works fine in my well-packed back yard, nature tends to be a bit less friendly to me). The Nomad looks nice enough to work indoors, and is portable enough to throw in the car along with the Tensa products.

I've also looked at YOBO Gear, but they want all my money for the Hive. And 2 Crickets would be absurd.

If anybody can offer clarification or confirmation of the Nomad situation, that would be awesome. Or alternative stand suggestions that might suit my hopes and dreams

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123