Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammock Chair?

Hammock Chair?

I have been using several brands over the years, and yeah, some were great while others gave me some trouble.

I have been using hammocks in my room for 2+ years now. I have an 9" stand that I use with them. And I'm so happy with them, but..

I have been reading around, and hammock chairs, taking up less space, super comfy, can actually be used for sleep at night.

As this article says: https://hammockchairnook.com/chair/c...hammock-chair/

You CAN sleep in them, but you need the right type to be able to do so. The structure, weight amount, kind of cushioning, etc.

Can you guys pour some info on this?

Thanks in advance!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    To be completely honest, I have sat in hammock chairs but I could never see myself sleeping in one unless I was so knackered that I couldn't help it. I need a diagonal/asymmetrical lay, which means a longer hammock to accommodate height, and hammock chairs tend to be much shorter.

I'm anxious to see what others say about this. I know there are others I've spoken with (e.g., Slowhike) who have tried the other way around (using a sleeping hammock as a chair) but never someone using a hammock chair to sleep in.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    To be completely honest, I have sat in hammock chairs but I could never see myself sleeping in one unless I was so knackered that I couldn't help it. I need a diagonal/asymmetrical lay, which means a longer hammock to accommodate height, and hammock chairs tend to be much shorter.

I'm anxious to see what others say about this. I know there are others I've spoken with (e.g., Slowhike) who have tried the other way around (using a sleeping hammock as a chair) but never someone using a hammock chair to sleep in.
    Well, yeah, there are different kinds of hammock chairs, though..

Images
    So, to save some time, I thought that I would go ahead and rely on extensive research and my very own verified discussions that have occurred within my medical background to give you the pinnacle image of the most researched and vetted hammock chair with testimonials from many prestigious clickbait authors [Hammock Chair Nook].

All judgements aside - looks to be pretty comfortable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was considering something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Chihee-Hammoc...8-2-fkmr1&th=1

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I've got a hammock chair from Arrowhead Equipment that's great for hikes and lounging. But I could never see myself sleeping in one.

Now there are other styles like those big canvas ones that hang from a central point on top and have spreader bars, SkyChair is the brand name I think, and those you could snooze in for a bit for sure.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Trail Winder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze_Mind View Post
    I was considering something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Chihee-Hammoc...8-2-fkmr1&th=1
    That one would be similar to sleeping in a recliner. I do know a few people who prefer to sleep in their recliners rather than a bed. If that works for you, go for it.

This definitely takes up less room than a La-Z-Boy.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Ck out posts by pdx hanger. His 90 degree lounger and 90 degree hammock are pretty clever!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic View Post
    That one would be similar to sleeping in a recliner. I do know a few people who prefer to sleep in their recliners rather than a bed. If that works for you, go for it.

This definitely takes up less room than a La-Z-Boy.
    I see this as a review for that link.

"No really, I use this as my bed. My room is small so I thought this one would be a good try over the classic 9ft one I used to have. It is. The material is soft enough to comfortable but durable enough to withstand my overzealous husky and my cat. The pocket is just the right size for my phone too. The ropes also don't tangle nearly as much as my old hammock ropes did. It's much less hassle."

So it IS possible.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast