Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

Experience with the OneWind Penumbra hammock hot tent?

I won some OneWind gift certificates in the HangCon raffle and am considering the OneWind Penumbra. I am considering going the hot tent route after seeing a lot of folks buying them. Anyone have experience with the Penumbra? The YouTube videos I've seen of it seem like it's a solid product but want to hear any "watch outs" or advice when it comes to using it with a stove. Thanks!
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    I won some OneWind gift certificates in the HangCon raffle and am considering the OneWind Penumbra. I am considering going the hot tent route after seeing a lot of folks buying them. Anyone have experience with the Penumbra? The YouTube videos I've seen of it seem like it's a solid product but want to hear any "watch outs" or advice when it comes to using uno online with a stove. Thanks!
    For a while now, I've been searching for a tarp with doors that meets my expectations in terms of quality and affordability. It's been quite challenging to find one that ticks both boxes. However, I've had great experiences with other Onewind gear in the past, and I've always been impressed with the quality they offer at an affordable price. Once again, they've delivered with this tarp—a lightweight package that combines excellent quality with a budget-friendly price.

The versatility of this tarp is truly remarkable. It can be set up in various configurations, and it comes with all the necessary components for hitting the trail. Whether I'm hiking my favorite path or exploring new terrain, I need gear I can rely on. Having the assurance that I'll be protected from the elements, no matter what Mother Nature throws at me, is crucial when I'm out on the trail, far from the comforts of home. This tarp allows me to bring comfort and peace of mind wherever my adventures take me.

I firmly believe in the motto "Hike your own hike." I've used everything from small asymmetrical tarps to large 13-foot by 10-foot three-pound tarps. I don't think one should simply purchase gear because everyone else is using it. It's important to choose gear that you're comfortable using and that fits within your budget. Just because a piece of gear is expensive doesn't automatically make it the best, and conversely, affordability doesn't necessarily mean lower quality. Do your research and invest in what suits your needs and preferences.
    Last edited by johnjackson; 01-30-2024 at 20:27. Reason: wrong spelling

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Thanks JohnJackson! It does appear to have some qualities that are appealing. TBH, there really wasn't much of an "investment" for me to purchase this because I won gift certificates at HangCon for OneWind. I would honesty have never even considered the brand due to my personal preferences to send money to US-based cottage industry manufacturers. Also, there's no way I'd take this tarp backpacking. My current DCF tarp weighs about 10 ounces, so lugging a 6.4 pound tarp is not my jam. I'll be car camping with this one only.

Now, any stove recommendations?
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

• + New Posts