Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Thanks! Glad someone got something from it. You can definitely hang a larger tarp above it, just like normal. That being said, I'm not entirely certain how a Warbonnet would fit, i.e., if you'd be able to close up the "doors." I bought an inexpensive 14' tarp for mine, as my 12' would not close up around it. The Warbonnet is made different, though, so it might work. My 12' was just a rectangle. There's a video on YT of someone using a 12' Onewind tarp with it, and its pretty tight. Ill see if I can find it...

https://youtu.be/awgCg1sn0pI?si=UTMypxiw3xecjukG

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DW/Haven Safari
    Tarp
    Multiple
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch/Tensa/Yobo

Haven Tent XL

While at HangCon 2024, I spoke with a Haven Rep (completely forgot his name, very nice guy). He told me they cannot completely remove the bug net because there was a patent on the design.

As for the pad, mine lost a little bit of air, but still held firm. Colder temps will decrease the air pressure (similar to air in tires). Very noticeable in FL with 30* difference from noon to evening. I’ve also noticed if I don’t over-inflate, it won’t lose too much air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ChinoUSMC; 01-20-2024 at 10:44.
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." --Chinese Fortune Cookie

Participated in the following events:
    HangCon 2018 - 2024, (to be continued...)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Buckle webbing
    It also occurred to me that a larger tarp would present issues when on the ground since the sides would be longer. I guess just guy the sides out at a shallower angle.
    “If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.” - Mark Twain, 1894

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    That's interesting to hear, I would never have thought a patent had anything to do with it. Still not a deal breaker for me. Originally I thought I wouldn't want to keep it on in colder temps when the bugs weren't out; Turns out I find myself closing it because it helps keep the cold breeze off of you, or at least lessen it. We've been having some wild temperature swings here this week and its definitely made a notable difference in the firmness of the pad throughout the day. I tend to let just a little air out of my pad(s) rather than keep them really firm, but it does seem to firm up during the "heat" of the day, more than I would typically keep it, so losing a little air to me is more comfortable. As long as it isn't actually leaking, I can deal with it. I probably wouldn't be to happy if I were having the same problem as SoaknWet , above.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by KayakerBee View Post
    It also occurred to me that a larger tarp would present issues when on the ground since the sides would be longer. I guess just guy the sides out at a shallower angle.
    Yeah, I can see that. A mid size tarp would be better for ground setup. I'd almost just say to use the tarp that comes with it , in that instance, if I were PLANNING to set up on the ground. But, I'd rather have a tarp that gives me options. A larger tarp would give a lot more covered area if you set it up high or in a lean-to setup. My 14 footer is overkill, haha, but it closes up completely around the Haven with plenty of room.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Haven sets up real good on the ground with the provided tarp too. But I'v always brought my DIY BlackCrow tarp 11' long 7' wide.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    I need to set mine up like that and try it out, Shug. I watched your two videos several times as I was waiting for mine to arrive. Good tips all around, as usual.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Buckle webbing
    Thanks for the photos. I’m tempted to get the whole Haven XL kit and use their tarp for the occasional GtoG and use my Superfly for hanging. Never hurts to have an extra smaller tarp with you since they don’t take up a lot of space.
    “If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.” - Mark Twain, 1894

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    You're welcome! I've even thought about just using a snaller 12 or 10 foot tarp, and just stowing away the Haven tarp in one of the internal pockets to use if the wetaher gets really bad and wind starts blowing rain under the fly. That way, I could carry a less bulky tarp but still have the ability to "betten down the hatches" with the smaller one, if need be. The Haven tent's tarp is so small, and packs up so little, that you could just pack it away like that, in one of the pockets of the hammock, rather than in its own stuff sack. I'd probably still be carrying less bulk than my 14' tarp alone.

Last edited by robv60; 01-25-2024 at 01:11.

Hammock
    DW/Haven Safari
    Tarp
    Multiple
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch/Tensa/Yobo
    I setup my Haven Safari at HangCon ‘24. I put a bonded winter tarp over my Haven so I could have a place to comfortably get out and put my shoes on without it raining over my head or my gear (the extra space is really nice). It also allowed me to open one side of the Haven for extra ventilation without fear of it raining on me. If I suspect very strong winds and/or rain, then I’ll batten down all corners and ride it out comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." --Chinese Fortune Cookie

Participated in the following events:
    HangCon 2018 - 2024, (to be continued...)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast