Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    That's what I'm talking about!!
    What tarp is that? What's the ridgeline length? Seems to be plenty of room. Seems you have figured out that mating the doors along their seams, rather than overlapping them, works quite well. Thats how i do mine.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DW/Haven Safari
    Tarp
    Multiple
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch/Tensa/Yobo
    Dutch’s 12ft bonded winter tarp https://dutchwaregear.com/product/bo...size-and-color

I chose the options for side panel pole mod and chose the dropdown option for bridge hammock. If you want the extra width (longer sides), I would recommend the wide tarp, but colors are limited.

And to close off the doors without overlapping, Dutch’s Tarp Door Anchors https://dutchwaregear.com/product/ta...r-anchor-style

This I loved. It allowed me to unhook one of the doors while leaving the other side taut. I can easily close it back up when it rains or for privacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." --Chinese Fortune Cookie

Participated in the following events:
    HangCon 2018 - 2024, (to be continued...)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Buckle webbing
    [QUOTE=ChinoUSMC;2095940]Dutch’s 12ft bonded winter tarp https://dutchwaregear.com/product/bonded-xenon-winter-tarp/#size-and-color

I chose the options for side panel pole mod and chose the dropdown option for bridge hammock. If you want the extra width (longer sides), I would recommend the wide tarp, but colors are limited.

And to close off the doors without overlapping, Dutch’s Tarp Door Anchors https://dutchwaregear.com/product/ta...r-anchor-style

This I loved. It allowed me to unhook one of the doors while leaving the other side taut. I can easily close it back up when it rains or for privacy.

Super information! WB’s Superfly is 11’ X 10’ so now I know the doors aren’t likely to be a problem. And thanks for the pointer to the door anchors, too.
    “If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.” - Mark Twain, 1894

Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Grand Trunk Arbigo
    Insulation
    Down Evoluttion
    Hmm. 🤔 I just ordered and received an XL last week, but it didnt have the double zipper or cinch strap underneath. I'm wondering if they sent me old stock. If they did improve, I will purchase another XL for myself, otherwise I'm looking to get the Safari. Either way, both are a little heavy to backpack with.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by miconn69 View Post
    Hmm. I just ordered and received an XL last week, but it didnt have the double zipper or cinch strap underneath. I'm wondering if they sent me old stock. If they did improve, I will purchase another XL for myself, otherwise I'm looking to get the Safari. Either way, both are a little heavy to backpack with.
    I'd contact them and inquire why that is. Send it nack and get the latest.

Sent from my SM-S546VL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Buckle webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by miconn69 View Post
    Hmm. 樂 I just ordered and received an XL last week, but it didnt have the double zipper or cinch strap underneath. I'm wondering if they sent me old stock. If they did improve, I will purchase another XL for myself, otherwise I'm looking to get the Safari. Either way, both are a little heavy to backpack with.
    I emailed the company specifically to ask about the double zip and lounge strap last month since I didn’t see the upgrades in the description. Both those improvements are make or break for me, although I’m still on the fence about buying.

Diesel responded that they were in transition and if I contacted him when I ordered he’d make sure to ship the new version.
    “If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.” - Mark Twain, 1894

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I've seen those mods on utube but not on Havens site, like the idea. However I feel that their money would be better spent on improving their XL pads. Mine started losing air before a year was up, contacted them was told all air pads will lose air and that was that. Now I can blow it up never put weight on it and it will deflate in 2 or 3 hours. I want a new pad, cause I love the Haven idea but can't convince myself to gamble buying another one of their pads. Before I forget I've only ever used their air pump on my pad.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    That stinks. Mine has been inflated non-stop since i received it. In fact, it's been pumped up since I originally made this post because it hasnt been taken down since I put it up. The only air "loss" Ive had was just due to temperature contraction and maybe a little because I failed to put the air valve cover on, and I *think I lost a little air from that but it was just as likely due to temperature (both instances were the same night). I did, on one occasion, top it off just by using the stuff sack for a couple of squeezes just to see how it worked. But it's otherwise been holding air for about a month straight. I'm sure it's lost some air, surely, but nothing like what you have experienced, thankfully. Maybe they've gotten it squared away, but I certainly understand your hesitation. I would actually prefer the R value on the pad to be a little higher for winter weather. But, I'll probably think differently when summer rolls around. I'd rather boost it with their insulated pad cover. That way, I can remove it in warmer weather. But, they want too much $$ for it, IMHO. I can probably get the same effect by just wrapping my jungle blanket around the pad.

Sent from my SM-S546VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    I've had mine for at least 4 yrs. Yes I reached out to them and the reply was "All pads will lose some air" Out of a dozen pads, different brands and sizes, Haven is the only one that does this. I went on Amazon and got a $40 pad, fits but a couple inches short that works. Its been inflated for a month at a time and DOES NOT lose air. Don't get me wrong I love my Haven I sleep in it a lot, indoors, in the summer I use it in the yard. Never been on the ground or miss treated just a poor pad.
    My 2 year old pad also lost air overnight. I did a soap test on it to see if I could find the leak and patch it and found about 20 pinholes in it. I sent a photo to Derek and they replaced it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Buckle webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by csewell View Post
    My 2 year old pad also lost air overnight. I did a soap test on it to see if I could find the leak and patch it and found about 20 pinholes in it. I sent a photo to Derek and they replaced it.

There’s a few video reviews up on YouTube with complaints about the XL pads specifically losing air. Almost seems like a crap shoot as most people have no problems. One guy was on his second pad and went looking for other pads the same size with side to side baffles to thwart the ‘taco affect’ - one was an Exped I think but not suited for backpacking and the other was the Thermorest Topo. Neither is cheap.

Haventent’s website also has a FAQ about pads losing air which tells me they’ve gotten more than a few complaints. But at least they have a process to identify and replace what appears to be a QC issue. That’s cool.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast