Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Haven Tent XL

Hammock
    Haven Safari XL
    Insulation
    Haven air mattress
    Suspension
    tree straps
    I too had trouble with the mattress getting soft the first time or two I used it. Then I discovered that I was not putting a very hard push to lock in the valve cap. If it doesn't seat with a snapping sound or a click, it will slooooooowly lose pressure over the next few hours. Their air pump is A1 too - really fills that mattress very quickly.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    That's pretty much what happened to me as well, the one time that mine lost air. You really have to smash the heck out of that cap to get it to click.

Sent from my SM-S546VL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hammock Gear
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Journ
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    I ordered one, and when it came it didn’t have the lounge strap, so I contacted them, and they replaced it with one that did. That new one has the lounge strap, the light tarp, the light carabiners, and the extra zippers. I’ve only gotten it up once, for a short time (it was cold and blowing), but I’m hoping the wind stops for a little bit this weekend. I do a lot of weekend backpacking trips, and I am hoping this will be perfect for that.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Slept in my Haven Safari this past weekend using the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Topo Luxe XL pad in place of the OEM Haven pad. The Therm-a-Rest pad fit the hammock perfectly and performed outstanding! I fully inflated it, then bled just a little off for comfort. I use a Zenbivy Bed XL 10 degree system and the base sleeve fits over the pad perfectly.

IMG_6178.jpgIMG_6181.jpg
    Last edited by Slugger; 03-12-2024 at 15:49.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Images
    On my kayaking adventures I have been using the Amok 3.0 with an A-Frame pipe stand. For winter times this suits Texas weather well.

Recently, the purchase of the Thermorest Mondoking XXL pad for a Teton Sports XL cot seems to be a good fit for the latest revision of the Haven XL or Safari system.

No need for an underquilt as the Mondoking XXL is 4.25-inches thick with an R-7 insulation rating. Might also be better for the hot summer temps for the additional airflow that the Haven XL over the Amok 3.0.

Will initiate a few emails to Haven to ensure I get the latest revisions, as the website does not seem to address the differences between the XL and the Safari except the $90 differential in price and the additional weight specification.

What I am looking for is the fabric used in each offering with Denier and Thread counts. My preference is Polyester in tarps and other shelters.

Nice review, by the way.
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 04-25-2024 at 05:56.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234