Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    Prayers and well wishes for your surgery, Shug! "The human voice is the organ of the soul" - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

As far as trying out different dimensions of fabric that work for me, there are only so far two of my gathered end hammocks that I can't sleep comfortably in, and they are both <10' length. Context: I'm 5'9" and 200 pounds. Wide hammocks without a knotty mod are only an "inconvenience" with flappy fabric for me (no biggie). 12' hammocks are great for me and finding the sweet spot, but not for my main UQ, because the primary suspension shock cord gets pushed to its limits. Ten of my gathered end hammocks are 11'ers, and give me the best test of fabric types (1.6 seems to be my favorite). The only hammock that breaks my pattern is my Trailheadz Banshee UL. It's a 10.5' with 58" width, and the fabric is a 1.2. Dunno what magic John is working, but it's a super comfy hammock for me.
    The reality of Silent Shug of the Third Person is getting real! I bought snore tape to put over my lips to remind me not to utter a peep. Never knew it even was a thing. Going to be interesting.
    I am not familiar with those Trailheadz Banshee UL hammocks. Will have to explore that.

Quote Originally Posted by tinktheman12 View Post
    Thanks for the video. Hope your operation and recovery go well. You're in good hands down in Rochester. Stay sane during your "silent treatment" - I think you'll find ways to communicate just fine!
    We stay in the Kahler hotel tonight and procedure in the AM. My surgeon seems smart and capable and at the Mayo Clinic. She smiles easily. In good hands.
    I have a notebook and pen, a small white board and a text/talk app on phone all set. Thankee.
    Plenty to keep me sane. I'll play a lot of music and put some Winter camping gear together.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Wise Owl (for now)
    Insulation
    HangtightNaturhike
    Suspension
    Straps and DIY UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Plenty to keep me sane. I'll play a lot of music and put some Winter camping gear together.
    Maybe we'll see a wordless Shug video in the near future! Just beautiful mandolin and a hammock swaying gently in the breeze. Do you ever play your mandolin/bass/etc while in a hammock? I know you love breakfast from the hammock, but what about a jaunty tune from the hammock?
    New to hanging!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCD View Post
    Maybe we'll see a wordless Shug video in the near future! Just beautiful mandolin and a hammock swaying gently in the breeze. Do you ever play your mandolin/bass/etc while in a hammock? I know you love breakfast from the hammock, but what about a jaunty tune from the hammock?
    I have a time or two for a video with the mandolin. I would never bring either mandolin camping. I just want to hear the music of the woods.
    Working silent on video is no problem. Just watch Mr. Bean sometime!!!
    Maybe a silent Winter load I'm thinking. Will be so much easier and shorter with no talking to edit out.

Hammock
    Superior Hammock / Dutch / Majestic
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Superior Hammock
    Suspension
    SuperiorSuspension
    Shug, I want to wish you a speedy recovery! We will all miss your voice.

I can't wait to see more of your plane flying / bass playing / mandolin & singing in future videos. Oh, the hammock material is pretty good too.

Thanks for all of the great ideas over the years, can't wait to see what the rest of 2024 has in store for you.

Shug,

Thanks for everything you do for the hammock community.

Heal quickly.

Bob

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Best wishes on surgery. Keep count of how many pads of paper you use up communicating.
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Had my vocal cord surgery today at the Mayo Clinic. Meg and I went down yesterday and stayed in the Classic Grand Kahler Hotel and ate in the classic Lord Essex Tavern. So old school we loved it.
    Gave ice cream right away. A WIN!!! Just feels like a really bad sore throat. Not uttered a peep yet. Meg and I are working on our charade skills.
    Shug

IMG_2265.jpeg

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdh96 View Post
    Shug, I want to wish you a speedy recovery! We will all miss your voice.

I can't wait to see more of your plane flying / bass playing / mandolin & singing in future videos. Oh, the hammock material is pretty good too.

Thanks for all of the great ideas over the years, can't wait to see what the rest of 2024 has in store for you.
    Mucho appreciato. I am starting to feel re-inspired on making videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Draketake View Post
    Shug,

Thanks for everything you do for the hammock community.

Heal quickly.

Bob
    On my way. I can't wait to be clear to go Winter camping!!!Got some new HOK Skis to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    Best wishes on surgery. Keep count of how many pads of paper you use up communicating.
    Small dry erase board so far. But charging my buttocks off Mr. Bean style. Meg is pretty quick to get it.
    Thankee.

Hey Shug, I love your videos! They are so helpful and is a major reason why I even got into hammocks at all. My first hammock I thought I was completely happy with. It's 11'4" long and 68" wide and like you, I've slept so well in it and was completely happy. Well, I made a hammock for my wife but screwed it all up and it came out 10' 6" long and 71" wide. I decided to try it out and I can't figure out why it gives me an even better lay. I don't think it's the extra width at all, I think it is actually because it is shorter. It feels better even when I'm not completely diagonal so I'm not using all the width.

Here is a picture of it yesterday hangin from some rocks in the desert!

rockhang.jpg
    relaxing.png

I hope you get to feeling better soon!
    Last edited by mattnin; 01-20-2024 at 08:37.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnin View Post
    Hey Shug, I love your videos! They are so helpful and is a major reason why I even got into hammocks at all. My first hammock I thought I was completely happy with. It's 11'4" long and 68" wide and like you, I've slept so well in it and was completely happy. Well, I made a hammock for my wife but screwed it all up and it came out 10' 6" long and 71" wide. I decided to try it out and I can't figure out why it gives me an even better lay. I don't think it's the extra width at all, I think it is actually because it is shorter. It feels better even when I'm not completely diagonal so I'm not using all the width.

Here is a picture of it yesterday hangin from some rocks in the desert!

rockhang.jpg
    relaxing.png

I hope you get to feeling better soon!
    It could be the fabric if you used a different fabric on the one you made. Can make a big difference.
    Feeling better than expected today. Still can function. Not uttered a peep yet. 2 weeks total silence. Got a white board. Funny...Meg talks to me like I'm deaf since I can't speak....haaa.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast