WBBB
    Tarp
    WB minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCD View Post
    Unfortunately zips are only on one side (but can wrap around). The zipper ends are buried under fabric (sturdy construction) so I can't add more zips. I'm also considering that a non-integrated bugnet would work with multiple hammocks which seems handy.
    I haven't made up my mind on the separate bug net yet. I got the HG separate net, and it seems to work fine, although setting up the UQ is awkward. It's definitely something to work with while it's still light outside, and if you're wearing several layers, it's hard to get into the net, but once you're inside, no problem at all.

What I really need is enough patience to find a hang near me so I can try other people's hammocks.

I screwed up making an 11' hammock for my wife, it came out right at 10'6" out of the mtn 1.7 XL width. I tried it out and was surprised it is as flat a lay as my 11' 4" long hammock. It's a bit lighter so now it's my hammock!

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Wise Owl (for now)
    Insulation
    HangtightNaturhike
    Suspension
    Straps and DIY UCR
    That's awesome! I am VERY close to buying a new hammock after discovering my ENO was functionally barely 9' long. That is still surprising to me, since it's advertised as 10' (1 entire foot of hem/gathering?)
    New to hanging!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    I think you'll be really happy with the Dream or Simply Light hammock and customer service. Contact either of them for a discussion about length and fabric. I hear that they will be more than happy to help you.

Charlotte

Hammock
    Tarp
    Wise Owl (for now)
    Insulation
    HangtightNaturhike
    Suspension
    Straps and DIY UCR
    Thanks! I've been emailing Jared at SLD. About to pull the trigger on a trail lair. (Zipper pulls on both sides of the net is a super valuable feature for me)
    New to hanging!

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I would proffer another suggestion. Give an easily adjustable ridgeline a try. Personally, I have found that for my comfort spot a LONGER than normal ridgeline does it for me. I then also lay more in line with the long axis of the hammock. With a whoopie style ridge line I can easily give various lengths a go. For experimentation it is also possible to install a long ridgeline and use wraps around a carabiner to test sweet spot lengths, either longer or shorter.

Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    Before Christmas there was a sale on these giant hammocks, and I bought one for fun just to see how the size affects things. Most of my billions of hammocks are between 10 and 11 feet. I do like a wider hammock, so only one is the standard 58". Even though it's 11 feet long, I hate it, because I can't get enough diagonal. Anyway, this one is fairly heavy because of the type of material, but it's also very comfortable. Probably more than any of my others. The material has a bit of stretch, so if you like firmer material, it might not be for you. I wouldn't take it backpacking, but it's going in the car kit, and I'll use it at home when I sleep outside. Current price is still pretty cheap, $35. I've bought some other items from decathlon from their sale bin, and Ive been happy with the quality on all of them.

https://www.decathlon.com/products/c...&source=search

Material: Main fabric: 100% polyester cationic / Carry bag: 100% polyester cationic / Webbing: 100% polyamide
    Hammock Size: 137.8 in x 70.9 in / needs up to 19.8 in between trees
    Weight and Volume: 2.4 pounds / 5 Liters

Hammock
    Tarp
    Wise Owl (for now)
    Insulation
    HangtightNaturhike
    Suspension
    Straps and DIY UCR
    @OlTrailDog 100% ok going to use an adjustable ridgeline.. I've been making UCRs, whoopies, etc, so I can add one if needed. Great again!

@Tangara that thing is huge! I think Simply Light Designs and Dream Hacks both have wide fabric options.
    New to hanging!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12