Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I recall someplace where a short, small-diameter, PVC pipe was put in the hammock end seam and AmSteel was run through that to the rest of the suspension. You had to be careful with the Amsteel pressing against the edges of that plastic pipe - but they could be smoothed off.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    To me, if this were a better design feature (i.e., amsteel spliced while in the channel to create a truly continuous loop instead of larks heading), then all hammock makers would use the design. I'm skeptical it makes all that much of a difference.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diamondback
    Suspension
    Becket or whoopie
    I would imagine there is real potential for it making small changes to how the hammock can adjust shape, potentially helping with calf ridge. Size of the CL might affect those results, too. It is strange that it's not been around much. Perhaps it's a dead-end, or perhaps because there are so many ways to tweak hammocks that it hasn't been explored much yet, as attention has been focused on fabrics, lengths, widths, angles, asym shapes, etc.

Hammock
    DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL
    One thing I see as a problem is how to attach the ridgeline. Larks head to the head side of the CL at the head end maybe a RL biner or soft shackle to the foot end foot side of the CL. Putting it on the amsteel before splicing the CL would be the cleanest. The becket hitch is my go-to suspension but a short dog bone to a biner would suffice for experimenting. A fleeting thought of tying the becket on both loops of the dog bone was soon replaced by the thought of crashing to the ground.
    Lurker for years here - Trying to increase my post count so I can sell one of my hammocks.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Zingger - I just have a loop at the end of my hammock ridgelines and either use just the loop or garth hitch (larkshead) to attach it to the Hammock's CL. There are always adjustments is it's handy if a ridgeline can be put on or removed easily. I'm not so keen on adjustable ridgelines because the length could change while the hammock spends days not under a load that tightens the bury.

I'd rather find the right distance for me, measure it, and make a ridgeline for that length. I've learned that a useful-sized butterfly knot takes up about 5 inches. That can be adjusted by the size of the loop. So I might make the RL a little longer than spec., then bring it into the desired length by adding a useful loop at the right spot.

I wouldn't use hardware to attach the RL because it may need to take a lot of force - certainly more than a small S-biner could handle. But a soft shackle would work if that's your jam.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12