WBRR HGCP
    Tarp
    HGJourney DWaysm
    Insulation
    WBUQ20 HGTQUQ LLG
    Suspension
    DW Spyder CB WBCB

when did HG start using 950FP in UQs?

and when did they differentiate economy and premium ?

Hammock
    WBRR HGCP
    Tarp
    HGJourney DWaysm
    Insulation
    WBUQ20 HGTQUQ LLG
    Suspension
    DW Spyder CB WBCB
    were they using 950 8 years ago ?

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    Lite AF
    Insulation
    CRO30 TP CRO20 UQ
    Suspension
    SG Suspension
    Hammock Gear just started using 950 FP in November for their ULTRA SERIES quilts. Economy vs premium has been a few years.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kibbosh View Post
    Hammock Gear just started using 950 FP in November for their ULTRA SERIES quilts. Economy vs premium has been a few years.
    They just started using 7D fabric as of the Ultra series a couple months ago, but they have been using 950 longer. All the HG quilts I currently own are 950 FP, with the oldest of those being from 2018. I believe 2018 is the year they started offering Economy/Premium, and 950 was an option on the Premiums right from the start of that line, though 850 goose was also an option for the Premiums at that time.

When they first created the Economy/Premium lines, the Econ had 800 FP duck down and 20D Ion fabric, while the Premiums had 850 or 950 goose down and 10D or 15D fabrics.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 01-14-2024 at 19:01.

Hammock
    DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL
    I picked up a 950FP in a premium Burrow 10D during a recent sale. Since then I have not seen the 950FP listed on the premium, only on the ultra.
    Lurker for years here - Trying to increase my post count so I can sell one of my hammocks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingger View Post
    I picked up a 950FP in a premium Burrow 10D during a recent sale. Since then I have not seen the 950FP listed on the premium, only on the ultra.
    Yes, more recently they seem to be going in disparate directions with their different quilt models.

They currently offer:
    Burrow or Burrow UL (what they originally called Ultra, for a week or two) -- no mention of Economy or Premium, and so you can get 950 with 7D in the UL, or you can get 850 with choice of 10D or 20D in the... "regular(?)" ... "classic(?)"
    Incubator: Economy, Premium, or UL -- the Econ has 850 and 20D, the Premium has 950 and 10D, the UL has 950 and 7D.
    Phoenix: no Economy, Premium, or UL designations at all!! -- but you can mix and match 850 or 950 with any of the fabric weights, as you see fit. You can even get a 20D outer with a 7D inner, or vice versa, if you wanted.

I have to say, it's become a bit confusing what they're doing here! But personally, I think they way they currently have it set up for the Phoenix makes the most sense. More choices, fewer names. On the other hand, I believe their Economy lineup has been very successful for them, so it's a bit surprising to see them moving away from that moniker for all but the Incubator.

PRODUCT UPDATE
    We have combined our Premium and Economy Burrow into one product, the Burrow. Made with 10 or 20 denier ripstop nylon fabric that features a DWR (durable water resistant) coating to help shed moisture, and an internal calendared finish for down proof construction. Each Burrow Quilt is generously filled with ethically sourced 850 fill power down to provide insulation on the top and sides of your body, while eliminating flattened and otherwise ineffective insulation underneath. By forgoing the least insulating elements found in most sleeping bags such as a full length zipper, hood, and backside materials our top quilt design will keep you warm and save precious weight and space. Whether accompanied by a ground pad or underquilt, The Burrow will keep you comfortably warm down to its temperature rating with any sleep system. When using The Burrow in conjunction with any ground sleep system, upgrading to a wide width is highly recommended for adequate coverage along the sides of your body. Proudly made in the USA.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 01-16-2024 at 13:21.

cmc4free, you are exactly right. We are trying to reduce all of the different products but offer more options on each one. We offer 950 FP in all of the quilts now, but are definitely trying to differentiate the different levels of our gear as well as the price points. The 950 was meant to only be available in the UL series but due to demand we have added it back in to the other quilts. There is a slight cost penalty associated with selecting 950 FP with the regular burrow quilts but you can now mix and match different weight fabrics, and it is available as an option. With all of the different options available now with the regular burrow quilt it is very cumbersome and difficult to display the changes in weights when switching to the 950 FP. We no longer display the change to the weights when selecting 950 FP but the fill weights and final weights of those products can be found in the links on the product page for the burrow, it does display on the incubator and phoenix products. We are working on getting those weights back up for the burrow but if anyone who works on websites knew how many different rules have to be written to display those options and how much it bogs down the product page they would understand why they are not there right now. We don't want to confuse people with all the options and might have to separate the products out again by down fill power but are hoping to avoid that.

• + New Posts