Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

30d vs 70d

Im a little surprised. I own a 30d Circadian and decided to order the 70d Circadian for a stiffer hang, (less stretch). I got the 70d today and tried it out. Compared the lay to my 30d. I really cant feel any difference between the two. Holding both fabrics in front of a light, there does seem to be a different weave. Any input would be appreciated.

Hammock
    DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL
    If you cannot see or feel a difference in the fabrics try weighing each hammock. Assuming they have the same accessories with the same dimensions, the 70d should be a few ounces heavier.
    Lurker for years here - Trying to increase my post count so I can sell one of my hammocks.

Images
    Have you slept in both over night? That’s when I really start to notice the difference. A heavier fabric with less stretch might cause or resolve pains or issues you had with the other. But I do agree with you that sometimes after reading about the difference in fabrics and then getting your hands on it can be a bit underwhelming.

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Thanks. HG responded promptly answering my question. My 30d was actually a 40d (they sold at that time) and there is very little difference in anything except my new 70d can carry more weight.
    What perplexes me is I was told my Ultalite Hennessey Hammock which is virtually no stretch is 70d. I need that type of lay for my old back. But no way is my HH 70d and HG 70d the same fabric. I still much more prefer my HG over my HH.
    Last edited by Crawldaddy; 12-10-2023 at 14:15.

Images
    yeah it’s weird how all the stuff works out. I have not gone crazy over different fabrics and weaves. It’s too much to remember lol. HG makes a great product!

Hammock
    DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL
    I'm no expert on this but isn't the denier the thread diameter? Depending on how the fabric is woven can make a big difference in how it performs. If you like a firm fabric that still saves some weight the MTN XL 1.7 is fantastic.
    Lurker for years here - Trying to increase my post count so I can sell one of my hammocks.

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Thanks Zingger. I wonder if HG would make a hammock out of MTN XL 1.7. But alas I already have 2 fairly new hammocks from them which, btw are pretty comfortable.

Hammock
    DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL
    There seems to be a temporary shortage of MTN 1.7 or at least very limited colors. Maybe once the product is back in stock you can have another look. Arrowhead showed it in orange and Dream hammock used to have it on their site.

So I am not the only one who doesn't feel that much of a difference in-between 30d and 70d

• + New Posts