DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    HG - Economy 20deg
    Suspension
    DW Beetlebuckle

Dutch Chameleon vs HG Circadian Pro

Thinking of buying a new hammock after recommendations from some that a 11 ft is more comfortable than my ENO. I think these two fit the bill. I bought HG under and top quilt several months ago and haven't used yet. Any advantage of one hammock versus the other using this system? Looks like the Circadian Pro weighs more (and supports more weight which I don't need since I'm about 5'9", 150lbs) than the similar Chameleon.

Maybe this is like Ford vs Chevy - opinions welcomed though. However HG has 25% off right now.

Thanks
    Last edited by bamacummins; 11-18-2023 at 12:41.

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Over on Facebook in the "Dutchware Anonymous" group I saw that Chameleons are going on sale the third week of the DWG November sale. They are rotating though different product categories...tarps were on sale the first week, Banyan Bridges are on sale this week, etc. So maybe see what a discounted Chameleon would be next week, to compare apples to apples.

Personally I have no experience with the HG hammocks but I own 3 Chameleons. At your weight, you might think about Hexon 1.2 which would be plenty strong enough to support you, soft and super comfortable if you like a small amount of "give" in your hammock. Your HG quilts will work fine with the Chameleon also...an Incubator is what I use for bottom insulation. Pro tip -- if you get a Chameleon, also order some of the ridgeline quilt hooks to minimize any gaps underneath you with the underquilt. I nearly gave up on gathered-end hammocks until I started using these to make underquilt hanging almost idiot-proof.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    HG - Economy 20deg
    Suspension
    DW Beetlebuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadark View Post
    Over on Facebook in the "Dutchware Anonymous" group I saw that Chameleons are going on sale the third week of the DWG November sale. They are rotating though different product categories...tarps were on sale the first week, Banyan Bridges are on sale this week, etc. So maybe see what a discounted Chameleon would be next week, to compare apples to apples.
    Personally I have no experience with the HG hammocks but I own 3 Chameleons. At your weight, you might think about Hexon 1.2 which would be plenty strong enough to support you, soft and super comfortable if you like a small amount of "give" in your hammock. Your HG quilts will work fine with the Chameleon also...an Incubator is what I use for bottom insulation. Pro tip -- if you get a Chameleon, also order some of the ridgeline quilt hooks to minimize any gaps underneath you with the underquilt. I nearly gave up on gathered-end hammocks until I started using these to make underquilt hanging almost idiot-proof.
    WOW - 3 Chameleons..... Can I ask why or what I should be looking for? It won't be that much difference in costs if Dutch does 10%.

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Pure laziness...with 3 Chameleons, I can have different top covers on each one and not have to switch them out. I have a spreader-bar bugnet on one, an Asym winter top cover on another, and a Symmetrical winter top cover on the third.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    HG - Economy 20deg
    Suspension
    DW Beetlebuckle
    Did some more research and found little about the Circadian, but a lot about the Chameleon. Never saw one complaint about that hammock. With the 20% off, made the plunge and ordered one.... not three like Canadark.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Quote Originally Posted by bamacummins View Post
    With the 20% off, made the plunge and ordered one.... not three like Canadark.
    Give it some time- Collecting hammocks can become quite the vice.

Charlotte

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    HG - Economy 20deg
    Suspension
    DW Beetlebuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by xMagnolia View Post
    Give it some time- Collecting hammocks can become quite the vice.
    Charlotte
    Yes I have many hobbies, but sleeping good in the woods is a new revelation for me in the hammock.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I know you already ordered it, but if you got the Hexon 1.2, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Hexon 1.6 is a nice upgrade from the material most ENO's are made of, but 1.2 is (in my opinion) just about perfect. Smoother feel with just a bit more stretch/give to it over the 1.6. I don't have a Chameleon, but do have a Half-wit and an SLD Trail Lair, both in H1.2 and both fantastically comfortable.

l just made an order on the 1.2 Hexon Chameleon…. l have a couple older Chameleons a Multicam and nylon D…. but now keen to go hang out on a limb… with little more of stretch…. Personally liking feels of HyperD…. the NylonD is nice too. Now set to go with 1.2 Hexon…

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    HG - Economy 20deg
    Suspension
    DW Beetlebuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by CVKealey View Post
    I know you already ordered it, but if you got the Hexon 1.2, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Hexon 1.6 is a nice upgrade from the material most ENO's are made of, but 1.2 is (in my opinion) just about perfect. Smoother feel with just a bit more stretch/give to it over the 1.6. I don't have a Chameleon, but do have a Half-wit and an SLD Trail Lair, both in H1.2 and both fantastically comfortable.
    I did order the hexon 1.2. The eno I have is a technest, very light and pretty soft. Will be interesting to see/feel the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast