DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks

NJ > Batona Camp > 12th Annual Thanksgiving Hang > Nov 24 - Nov 26

It’s once again time for the NJ Thanksgiving Hang!

Planning to head out into the NJ Pine Barrens as usual this Thanksgiving weekend. We’ll be at Batona Camp Friday through Sunday. Folks are welcome to join us around the fire – we’ll be at site 4, feel free to come say hello.

This year we’ll be car camping again. Like last year, no signup sheet (unless there's a strong desire for me to make one). I wasn't planning on organizing group meals, though again we certainly can if it makes sense. Sticking with the minimal “organizing” theme of recent hangs - consider it less of a traditional group hang, and more an invitation to drop by. We’ll have wood and a warm fire, all the other details are up to you. If you plan on camping out, grab a site. There are a few sites already reserved for a change (sites 1, 5, 6, and 9 are not us), so there will be other non-hammock folk in camp. I'd suggest sites 3, 11, and 12 be booked first as needed.

When: Thanksgiving weekend, Friday November 24th – Sunday November 26th #optoutside

Where: Batona Campground

Sites: Reserve your own site(s) as needed. We’ll be at site 4 and can use the fire ring there to hang out. Sites are reserved online at: https://www.njportal.com/DEP/NJOutdoors

Food: We’ll grab some firewood, but meals will be BYO. The water pump was out last weekend when we were there, with no ETA for fixing. So plan on bringing water in.

Cost: Whatever your site fees are. If you feel so moved to pitch in a few bucks for firewood (or to bring some to add to the pile), we won’t say no.

A Note About Temps: In past years, we’ve seen the temp drop down into the teens, and we’ve occasionally had some folks underprepared, though we do our best to prevent that. We’ll know better once it’s closer but plan ahead, and don’t be caught off guard. Since it's car camping you can always bring extra gear just in case.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*TQ/ 0* UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I booked site 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 NJ Winter Hang Coup De Grace De Grub Champion
    Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On. - Jimmy Buffett
    https://lighterpack.com/r/yk6y8s

I am in. As we get closer I need a estimate of the amount of us fir Saturday night . My wife will make us a pot of chicken tortellini soup! 20231109_181916.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    This is cross posted on the NJ hammock FB group, and last I checked it looks like we have sites 2, 3, 4, 11, and 12. We easily got around 20 people in that same space at the NJ Fall Hang (with room for more) so we should be good on sites for now, unless you really feel moved to grab one.

Decided to make a quick sign-up spreadsheet ... feel free to add your name(s).

Spreadsheet Link Here

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Just a few more days!

Looks like we'll have around a dozen people, based on signup sheet, FB, HF, etc. So we have plenty of sites - if anyone else decides they want to come out, just show up, don't bother grabbing any additional sites.

Heads up that the weather report shows overnight temps in the nearby town(s) in the high 20s (40s during the day), which means we could potentially see teens out in the woods. Make sure to bring extra gear if you need it.

• + New Posts