Hey everyone,

On and off lurker here and on the Hammocks subreddit for a few years.
Just posted in the 'what made you a hanger' thread, but my start was a few years ago. I've had chronic pain for many years. I went camping and someone offered me their hammock setup. It was a pain free, great night of sleep, unlike any other experience I'd had prior to that, after a string of awful mattresses (note: do not spring for Avocado latex; they sag and indent quickly, and the refund/warranty they claim to honor is more of a roll the dice situation than a surefire guarantee).

Since then I've been looking into figuring out an indoor setup but haven't had luck. When I previously lived in NYC, I obviously didn't want to cause damage trying to find support or studs to hang it from on the walls, angering possible landlords, and the rooms I had were never big enough to allow for my TATO gear stand to be set up.

I moved to LA, and shipped my stuff back to me, but it was super delayed. So I purchased a latex mattress while I waited for it to return. It's been yielding good, pain free sleep as well, so I never bothered setting up the stand once my possessions did arrive.

I'm moving back to NYC at the end of the month, but won't be shipping my stand with me this time around. I used Greyhound's dirt cheap freight shipping for my previous cross-country moves over the years, but they ceased business during covid, and never reinstated it. Shipping a 25 pound stand through FedEx or UPS will likely be an arm and a leg, so I'm eventually going to let it go, and probably opt in for the cricket stand from YOBO later on.

Looking forward to talking with everyone in other threads. Hope everyone has a good rest of the night.