Hey from Virginia

Hey, been backpacking for several years. Last year got into hammock backpacking and have not looked backed lol
    Resisted forever because of weight concerns, but I find I actually sleep through the night on trail and wake up refreshed not in pain lol
    Been lurking for a while and learned a lot here hope to keep soaking in from the OG hammockers here.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Welcome!

Yeah once dialed in, a hammock is so comfy!

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    If you want to meet some folks who have been hammock hanging for awhile (and some who are new like you), there is a group hang happening next month at the Oak Ridge Campground in Prince William State Park. That's only about an hour and a half from you. The NoVA Hang link is here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...orest-Virginia

You can learn a lot at group hangs. The first thing you learn is that no two hammock hangers hang the same way. Different folks use different gear and different techniques. As you learn and experiment with different approaches, eventually you'll dial-in what works best for you. I'll be there and am willing to share what I know (and what I don't) if you decide to come out and hang with us.

If you can't make next month and are feeling brave, in February we'll be hanging in the same state park (but at the Turkey Run Ridge Group Campsite instead) for the Chili Butt Hang.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    I strongly support going to a group hang! if, for no other reason, than to see all of the different ways to hang a hammock (suspension), different hammocks, and tarps. The people are always great.

Charlotte

thanks, they are incredibly comfortable! Can’t sleep any better on trail!

Quote Originally Posted by Otter1 View Post
    Welcome!

Yeah once dialed in, a hammock is so comfy!
    Thanks, ya man can’t believe you can sleep this good on trail.

Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    If you want to meet some folks who have been hammock hanging for awhile (and some who are new like you), there is a group hang happening next month at the Oak Ridge Campground in Prince William State Park. That's only about an hour and a half from you. The NoVA Hang link is here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...orest-Virginia

You can learn a lot at group hangs. The first thing you learn is that no two hammock hangers hang the same way. Different folks use different gear and different techniques. As you learn and experiment with different approaches, eventually you'll dial-in what works best for you. I'll be there and am willing to share what I know (and what I don't) if you decide to come out and hang with us.

If you can't make next month and are feeling brave, in February we'll be hanging in the same state park (but at the Turkey Run Ridge Group Campsite instead) for the Chili Butt Hang.
    thanks, okay awesome thanks for the info, I will definitely try and make it. I love nerding out over gear. Chili butt hang lol I dont know if got anything warm enough for feb hanging but that sounds fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by xMagnolia View Post
    I strongly support going to a group hang! if, for no other reason, than to see all of the different ways to hang a hammock (suspension), different hammocks, and tarps. The people are always great.

Charlotte
    awesome, love to learn from those that been doing it for a while. One reason I stayed out of it so much to try and figure out initially, especially the under quilts lol

• + New Posts