12' Hammock (ideally in 1.2 MTN XL, but open to other materials, net or not)

Hi there:

Looking to purchase used to save some money compared to buying new, and also because I'm not in a rush to acquire the hammocks. Already have a wonderful Hennessy Deep Jungle XL that I love, just trying to get a couple UL hammocks setups for future trips.

I'm 6'6" and 205#, so I'm also trying to get the feel of whether a 12' hammock is actually a game changer in comfort vs my 11' Deep Jungle XL, without investing hundreds and hundreds of dollars on something that is completely un-returnable. I'm firm on the 12', as I already have a 11' hammock. I want to see what the fuss is about :P.

I would prefer 1.2 MTN XL but am open to other designs. Netless or not. I prefer dream hammock or simply light designs but am open to what you may have. If netless, and you have a net that would work with it, even better.

Please do let me know what you have, I have flawless feedback on eBay (pocketpcheaven) and would love to make a deal.

Dear MODS:
    I have a recurring task to bump this. I will try to do a better job of this as I know you've had to remove several threads of mine. I've had a few people reach out to me and I need to follow up on. I will try not to drop the ball this timeI have created a recurring task to bump every 5 days. I'm serious about buying and will be bumping weekly. Thank you.

Back from hiking 70 miles at Glacier National Park. Sadly I only set up the Hummingbird hammock twice due to being so tired hiking each day. I do far prefer hammocks for comfort but it's hard to find suitable sites at times.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Arooni-
    What are you willing to pay for this?

I have a roll of 1.2 ounce Foliage Mountain XL. I can sew up a 12' (finished) gathered end hammock without a bugnet.
    Officially I'm a bridge vendor but have also sewn up more gathered ends than some gathered end vendors so at least it's not someone on mommies borrowed sewing machine putting it together for you.

your poor thread has been here so long seems that sewing you one up at a charitable rate seems the neighborly thing to do.

Fabric itself is 9.25 a yard and you're looking at 4.33 yards of it covers material for $40... $10 for first class shipping and free labor for $50 seem a fair way to resolve this thread to you?

If you want some continuous loops and ridgeline I can do that too- but sounds like you'd be able to just make a sewn body work to keep things cheap.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Removed for failure to bump and to respond.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts