Dream Hammock Darien 11ft
    Tarp
    HG DCF 11ft Hex
    Insulation
    Zpacks TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware Spiders

Greetings from NorCal

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum but not hammock camping! I just don't like reddit anymore so I figured I'd get with you all here. 34/m

I'm from Northern California (not the bay) and enjoy all the cool areas we have around here, from the Sierras to the coastal redwoods and coast range. I'm looking to maybe meet up with some other cool hangers around here for trips and swap gear tips and stories.

This is the gear I run for my set up:
    - Dream Hammock 11ft Darien customized with a few bells and whistles
    - Zpacks Top Quilt 20F
    - Hammock Gear 20F Phoenix 3/4 Under Quilt
    - Hammock Gear Hex Dyneema Tarp ,11ft

Thanks and take care everybody!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Welcome to the forum! We're a pretty decent crew, here. Keep an eye on the Trips and trip planning section, that 's where group hangs are usually posted.
    Don't be afraid to pick a date and location, let people know, and plan a group gathering yourself. It can be very simple: every man for himself (food Wise) or more complicated: group meals and sign up sheets.
    Just don't forget to post pictures afterwards-we all like to see what fun we missed

Charlotte

Hammock
    HG Wanderlust
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG Economy
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Nice. I'm near the Monterey Bay in Watsonville. I usually head to Henry W. Coe State Park all year around.

If you could hear the rain on my tarp right now!im hanging in my back yard in nor cal and the stom is lashing . My girlfriend didn't want me hanging during all the lighting and thunder but I needed to hagn over night in this storm my diy tarp over my chameleon and hammock gear quilts can handle it.top winter top cover and under quilt protector are helping out too.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinel10 View Post
    If you could hear the rain on my tarp right now!im hanging in my back yard in nor cal and the stom is lashing . My girlfriend didn't want me hanging during all the lighting and thunder but I needed to hagn over night in this storm my diy tarp over my chameleon and hammock gear quilts can handle it.top winter top cover and under quilt protector are helping out too.
    Backyard hangs during a storm are a great way to test your gear. Hope you make it through comfortably. My family thinks I am slightly weird for seeking out bad weather to hike and camp in.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    Backyard hangs during a storm are a great way to test your gear. Hope you make it through comfortably. My family thinks I am slightly weird for seeking out bad weather to hike and camp in.
    It's true ! All my friends think I'm crazy to sleep out the storms. But as you know it's awsome.ive been doing it for years. Trees are down all over town but my set up worked perfect

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    You don’t have to be crazy to be a hammock camper…..but it helps.

As always, check for widowmakers above, before rigging your hammock. There is always some risk of a branch or tree falling, causing damage to your gear and or your carcass. But this risk is assumed, and is increased during high winds.

There is a good feeling, being high and dry during rainfall. If no close by lightning, sound of falling rain drumming on tarp, can have a wondrous effect on good sleep.

• + New Posts