Hammock
    Mikey C. Custom Hammocks
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Mikey C. Easy-Bake
    Images

Enclosed Trailer + eTracks

I recently bought an enclosed trailer to convert to a hunting shack, SAR IC and taking places and Working from Trailer. I put some eTracks on the walls and hung my hammock. Self-tappers into the steel studs, wood screws elsewhere else. In the first photo I had put enough screws in to test and then went back and filled in the rest. I'll have to use the straps a bit, as what you see in the photo is a bit too high above the floor. I'll get that dialed in, though.

1.jpg2.jpg
    (WM)===:::

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    All those screws look pretty solid (assuming what they are screwed into is stable). You could put a motion sensor light in there so it's On when you get into the hammock and goes off by itself once you are situated.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Mikey C. Custom Hammocks
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Mikey C. Easy-Bake
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    All those screws look pretty solid (assuming what they are screwed into is stable). You could put a motion sensor light in there so it's On when you get into the hammock and goes off by itself once you are situated.
    That's a good idea, but even in a hammock, I move from my back to either side and back again too frequently. Those lights coming on that frequently would give me epilepsy!

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Very nice and good to know the trailer walls will support the hammock. I did not know they would. Thanks for posting
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Mikey C. Custom Hammocks
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Mikey C. Easy-Bake
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Very nice and good to know the trailer walls will support the hammock. I did not know they would. Thanks for posting
    You are welcome. I attached the eTracks into the steel studs where they existed. I'm sure just the wood would have worked given how spread out the force will be, but I'm not going to try that.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    I use this light, not offensively bright.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/LIGHTSMAX-L...ack/1003265814
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I occasionally (when I remember to bring it) use something like that when camping. Those compost toilets can get pretty dark at night and that little light is enough without being overbearing - and more welcoming than a headlamp. If you can get it in red, the glow doesn't affect your night vision so much.

WonderMonkey, maybe for that tossing and turning, a motion sensor light can be positioned so it's only triggered when you get out of the hammock.

But I understand the challenge. Once I had a watch-type device that was supposed to vibrate when it "heard" snoring - encouraging the person to move in some fashion, stopping the noise. I don't know how much they tested it in actual use, but the problem was because a person's wrist is often far away from their head (or under a blanket) the device's sensitivity had to be increased so much that any rustling of the bed covers set it off. Locating so it only triggers at the desired time is the chore.

One Halloween, cougarmeat - who has a "Cougar Crossing" warning sign in the window at the front door - brought up some YouTube videos of cougar screams on the computer and opened the window between the computer/ audio amp and the front courtyard (small "patio" like area in front of the door). The idea was to push Play just after the goblins rang the doorbell. Note that Bend is cougar country and the accompanying adults know how to read.

But it wasn't as good as it could be because, you know, the sound was coming from inside the house. Now I have a Bluetooth speaker I can place anywhere, like beyond the hammock support rings and house support pillar - in other words, BEHIND anyone approaching the front door. I think the timing is such that you'd want to wait a beat, so they can read the yellow warning sign, and though it registers in their mind that it's a joke - is it? It is dark. They are in a strange place. Alertness is heightened.

The ethical question is, am I obligated to provide toilet paper and maybe a change of pants?

So back to that location. It would be great if I had a relay timer with an adjustable delay. They would trip it walking up to the door and it would fire off the speaker behind them a few seconds after the warning sign came into view.

It's nice not to fumble with putting a headlight on and you wouldn't want to wear it all night. Maybe there is a place, near the ground, where only the movement of your feet below the hammock would trigger it on.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 09-22-2023 at 15:42.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    AHE Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidg Owyhee
    Suspension
    DIY
    What is the thickness of the plywood?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    I recently bought an enclosed trailer to convert to a hunting shack, SAR IC and taking places and Working from Trailer. I put some eTracks on the walls and hung my hammock. Self-tappers into the steel studs, wood screws elsewhere else. In the first photo I had put enough screws in to test and then went back and filled in the rest Houses for sale in Lebanon. I'll have to use the straps a bit, as what you see in the photo is a bit too high above the floor. I'll get that dialed in, though.
    Hi fellas! Just picked up a 6x12' enclosed trailer today to haul dirtbikes. Dosent have d rings, so I picked up 30'of etrack super cheap and ordered some etrack to d ring 6" webbing. I was thinking of running one strip down the middle of the floor, and one strip down each side. Not sure if I should go on the floor, or on the side walls for the side strips. For those if you who have etrack in your trailers, what's your setup? Thanks!
    1.jpg2.jpg
    Hi! Just picked up a 6x12' enclosed trailer today to haul dirtbikes. Dosent have d rings, so I picked up 30'of etrack super cheap and ordered some etrack to d ring 6" webbing. I was thinking of running one strip down the middle of the floor, and one strip down each side. Not sure if I should go on the floor, or on the side walls for the side strips. For those if you who have etrack in your trailers, what's your setup? Thanks!

• + New Posts