Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noldhor View Post
    ... by the morning I always find some insects inside my boots or my backpack, slugs, ticks, spiders. I remember one morning I even found 3 butterflies cocoons.
    Been there, done that (more or less) ! Once it was a toad. Still better than the US southwest where it could be a scorpion or a nasty spider.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Here's another alternative, but it would most likely have to live outside the winter sock as well.

https://simplylightdesigns.com/colle...et-saddle-bags

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...orage-Solution
    Wow great alternative!
    What I like is we dont have to set the hammock too high for the sling to fit under

A toad!! Haha!

A couple of years ago I had a dog bitten by a thick and he caught Lime desease...
    Since, I try to be careful when I'm out in the woods.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    How big do you need that gear bag to be? One of our cottage vendors had a sale (thought it was NAMA but I don't see it on their site) on a gear bag that could attach to the hammock ridgeline. It was about 4 feet long and could hold a change of clothes and personal items easily. For a larger "stand-alone" gear bag, MollyMac is back in business.

The problem I had with DutchWare's sock wasn't construction or concept - I was just too short. When in the hammock, I couldn't reach up to the head end to make any adjustments.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    How big do you need that gear bag to be? One of our cottage vendors had a sale (thought it was NAMA but I don't see it on their site) on a gear bag that could attach to the hammock ridgeline. It was about 4 feet long and could hold a change of clothes and personal items easily. For a larger "stand-alone" gear bag, MollyMac is back in business.

The problem I had with DutchWare's sock wasn't construction or concept - I was just too short. When in the hammock, I couldn't reach up to the head end to make any adjustments.
    Well I'm 6,2 I should not have any problem for adjustment.

About the gear sling size, I want just big enough for my backpack and my boots.
    I will go see your suggestions.

OK I saw that gear box From Molly Mac and I love it!!!
    Last edited by noldhor; 09-12-2023 at 16:23.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    It might have been OneWind. I bought some gear from them - really like their hammock sock - but the gear hammock on their sight now is a bit larger than what hangs on my hammock ridgeline.

It is much more affordable than MollyMac but MollyMac has the advantage of being independent of the hammock tarp area. It is waterproof (has a flap cover) and will hold your backpack.

That said, I don't mind hanging my backpack from the suspension at the end of the hammock. And though my shoes are usually on the ground, should it be more prudent to pick them up, I'd hang them from my hammock suspension too.

I use the gear bag as a "second stage" access. When kayak camping, you have various clothing and gear distributed between multiple dry bags. I've found that if I pull something out of a dry bag once, I'll probably use it a second time. So instead of going back in the dry bag, it goes in the gear hammock.

It's nice to be able to stand up and look in a suspended hammock for something instead of pawing through a dry bag. Also, there are usually nearby trees too close together for a hammock but just fine for a gear hammock.

One trend I saw on Jones Island last visit - was campers were using their ENO (or smaller China/Amazon) hammock as a gear hammock. I could tell that by how high and tight they set them up. If they were just tight, I'd consider it "user error" . But six feet off the ground! However, they weren't tarped. So that will be a lesson yet to be learned.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

CougarMeat,

I did it too, hanging my backpack on my suspension line, but I want my gear more accessible from my hammock, especially my boots.
    But I think I have found the perfect gear sling, this Molly Mac Gear looks nice and I like that we can close the top.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    I have a SLD gear hammock in a waterproof fabric w/ zipper that I really like for similar stuff.

"Sent w/o me knowing"

Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    I have a SLD gear hammock in a waterproof fabric w/ zipper that I really like for similar stuff.

"Sent w/o me knowing"
    Thank you LowTech, I'm looking at it right now

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12