Banyan Bridge or Haven
    Tarp
    Dutchware Xenon
    Insulation
    LocoLibre, UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles

Banyan vs Haven which to choose

I’ve got both. My standby and entrance into hammock camping on the motorcycle was the Haven and it hasnt let me down except a little cold last year. I’ve got a Banyan that seems really comfy on the backyard limited hang but I’m just not confident in taking it out of town. Experiences from anybody? Am I missing out on a better nights sleep or will I ruin a great thing?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Two different hammocks for sure. The Haven being pad dependent and the Bannon you can use a pad or and Underquilt.
    Go with you gut. You can always add a thin foam pad under the Haven pad to boost the R-Value.

Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    AHE
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    I'm the opposite. I got in about 50 nights of Ridgerunner bliss last season, and picked up a Haven Safari right before it got too hot to enjoy sleeping outside. I did get one night in the Haven, and slept well... but the jury is still out on whether or not it will win me over. I will say that I like the feel of the hammock material more than the air mattress, but the option of easily going to ground in the Haven is a big plus. I'm in the Southeast, so finding trees has not been a problem, but having a backup plan is a good thing.

Assuming the Banyan sleeps like the Ridgerunner, I don't think you can go wrong either way. I usually sleep like a baby and have taken her down to 16 degrees F (with good insulation and base layers), which is pretty chilly for Lower Alabama. The haven is more like being in a tent with all the headroom, but the RR doesn't feel cramped even with the bug net in place (6 ft, 220lbs)

Oh, weird note. The RR supports my back better when getting in and out. My lower spine is FUBAR, and the Haven is real 'mushy' when you sit down in it. The sides of the RR are very taught and gives a more stable platform as you sit down. Hard to explain, but you'll know it when you experience it. (Assuming the Banyan is similar.)

Edit: We are still 3 - 4 weeks away from the beginning of good camping weather... unless you like a good sweatfest!
    2009 KLX250S (331), 2014 Tiger 800 XC, 1980 CJ-7, 2021 WBRR w/Superfly

Hammock
    Banyan Bridge or Haven
    Tarp
    Dutchware Xenon
    Insulation
    LocoLibre, UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by AG2020 View Post
    I'm the opposite. I got in about 50 nights of Ridgerunner bliss last season, and picked up a Haven Safari right before it got too hot to enjoy sleeping outside. I did get one night in the Haven, and slept well... but the jury is still out on whether or not it will win me over. I will say that I like the feel of the hammock material more than the air mattress, but the option of easily going to ground in the Haven is a big plus. I'm in the Southeast, so finding trees has not been a problem, but having a backup plan is a good thing.

Assuming the Banyan sleeps like the Ridgerunner, I don't think you can go wrong either way. I usually sleep like a baby and have taken her down to 16 degrees F (with good insulation and base layers), which is pretty chilly for Lower Alabama. The haven is more like being in a tent with all the headroom, but the RR doesn't feel cramped even with the bug net in place (6 ft, 220lbs)

Oh, weird note. The RR supports my back better when getting in and out. My lower spine is FUBAR, and the Haven is real 'mushy' when you sit down in it. The sides of the RR are very taught and gives a more stable platform as you sit down. Hard to explain, but you'll know it when you experience it. (Assuming the Banyan is similar.)

Edit: We are still 3 - 4 weeks away from the beginning of good camping weather... unless you like a good sweatfest!
    Headed up to the mountains in a few days. Leaning toward the Banyan at the moment. But the Haven has never let me down.

Hammock
    Banyan Bridge or Haven
    Tarp
    Dutchware Xenon
    Insulation
    LocoLibre, UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Ended up taking both and never pulled out the Haven. Tried the Banyan with and without the pad. Without the pad wasn't bad but enjoyed having the pad a little bit more. My temperature might have been little off the night I didn't use the pad though so I'm taking that into account too. Not ready to get rid of the Haven yet, I'm thinking it might be the hammock I use when stopped for multiple nights in the same spot.

• + New Posts