Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It does have the end cinches with cordlocks but it's not connected to the primary.
    I already took out the primary shockcord so my friend could use it as winter blanket in her wheelchair.
    I'll try heavier/stiffer shockcord for the main suspension and might as well do what cmc4free suggested. Doesn't require anything extra so why not.

Now I noticed in cmc4free 's picture that his end cinches aren't cinched down.`So yeah that might have the culprit when I was trying it out.
    I'll try it out later if it stops raining.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    All of my under quilts I had to put in a strong cord lock on the primary. I usually pull close to 1 to 2 feet of the primary shock cord out. Your under quilt should be at least partially lifting your hammock with out you in it. I was being told by a good number of people to just keep tightening my secondary cause that is why I was cold. And yes I had cold enough quilt.
    A friend of mine fixed everything by taking my primary and pulling close to 4 feet of suspension out of it. Once he did that in a matter of seconds I was finally feeling the heat. So now all my quilts have a strong cord lock on the primary so I can adjust how much shock cord is being used. From my 40 to my negative 40.
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Quote Originally Posted by Dekozn View Post
    What are some of the better secondary suspension 'systems' on under quilts?
    I have a 2/3 uq that came without it and its sagging too much. I wanne add one myself but not sure what's the best way to go about it. I vaguely remember an uq that had a great secondary suspension but can't find it back.
    I have an earlier version of the 3/4 JacksRBetter Greylock 3 (3 season of the one that Mr. Emery showed in his video). It did not have a secondary suspension, but it had (4) corner loops already sewn on the underquilt. I bought (4) small loops with cord locks already attached from Zpacks. I girth hitched them to the existing 4 cord locks and ran a piece of shock cord on each end through the primary suspension S-biner. It works well and definitely reduces the "sag" or "accordion" effect. Jacks R Better has a Youtube video demonstrating this with a Greylock quilt. They just used (4) pieces of shock cord.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12