Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear 30
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    Sent my info. Hopefully I dont get taken out by a sketchy Sheetz sandwich, like I did in spring!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    I always like going SOBO; somehow, it feels like going downhill.

...and as it harm none, do what ye will.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBeard13 View Post
    Sent my info. Hopefully I dont get taken out by a sketchy Sheetz sandwich, like I did in spring!
    Just say NO to Sheetz!!!!! See you soon!

Hammock
    Who can choose?
    Tarp
    DW Bonded P2F
    Insulation
    Unicorn Fur
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    I'll be there!

Hydrated and rested this time, and with a clean bill of health from my physician, so no more passing out (fingers crossed)
    I'm not normally the one who wants to be part of the drama!
    Medical professional, semi-professional Scouter, aspiring layabout.
    "If it's stupid, and it works - it's not stupid."

S487-132

Hello. This is my first post to HF. So be nice, or not.

I am a hiker and camper. I tend to day hike almost weekly, hitting the PA state parks and the ATC. I tend to camp monthly mainly based on cool hiking locations that are too far for day hikes. Just back from the Devil’s Path where I did Plateau and Hunter Mtn. That trail is not a joke.

I camp out of my minivan (Sienna AWD). Meaning I ripped out all the seats and set up a cot. It works great and I have no plans to change my setup. I do however want to push myself to some backpacking overnights. Here comes my interest in hammocks. I have my son’s old ENO and it works fine for lounging at camp. I have tried to sleep in it in the basement and that was a fail. Woke up at about 2 AM and my neck was on fire. Luckily I had also set up my cot so I just moved to it - not wanting to wake up the Mrs.

I really want this to work, so I can sleep in the hammock. Either at camp or on the trail. It opens up so many more options. Over the years I have tried the whole tent and air pad. That is pretty lame and why I use the van.

Now some questions.

Is it cool to come to the event and just camp in a normal site, but visit the group site?
    I do not have all the gear needed to tent camp, and of course no viable hammock set up yet.

Will there be education opportunities? I see there are no sales and that is cool, but my end goal is to come away with some knowledge and hopefully a plan to buy x or y set up.

I really hate buying stuff to solve solutions to problems I do not have. It justs sits on the shelf and makes me feel dumb for buying it. I have many of those items and am really working hard to stop this as I near retirement. That is really a cool way to describe being “cheap” or a more trendy term - minimalist.

I live outside of Philadelphia (Swarthmore), but was born and raised in small town Nebraska.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Nebraskarod, you’ve come to the right place. All are welcome and those who are experienced will be more than happy to talk, answer questions, and educate all things hammock. Come join the fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, Nebraskarod! You should absolutely come! There are not classes per se, but there are a ton of experienced hammock campers. Vendors also often attend and are happy to answer questions.

Why do you want to stay at the regular campsites? You are certainly welcome to do so and just come down to the group sites to visit...but you don't need to do that. It is fine to sleep in your van in the parking lot if you want! Just get there early, so you get a parking space!

A group hang is an awesome way to see alot of different gear in use and in person. Alot of people are more than willing to talk about their setup and explain their gear choices. Probably the best way to learn about gear! You'll meet an amazing group of people, eat some great food, and mingle around campfires!

Super cool. Registered and looking forward to it.

Hey there! Exciting news! Get ready for some awesome upcoming posts on raffle donations. We know how much you all love the raffle, and we're gearing up to start posting by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Keep your eyes peeled for updates!

Attention adventure seekers! Join us for an exciting Saturday morning kayaking expedition, but remember, if you don't pre-register, we won't have equipment available for you. Hurry and secure your spot now to ensure a kayak and paddle await you!

https://tinyurl.com/37uw5f3d

For those kayaking: Shared route
    From Caledonia State Park to Michaux State Forest Parking Lot via PA-233 N and Milesburn Rd.

5 min (2.0 mi)
    For the best route in current traffic visit

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cale...41!2m1!2b1!3e0

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast