Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    What! Wine comes in something besides a cardboard box?
    For sure in Minnesota and California. Probably a few other states as well...

@slowhike,

You may want to do what I do, I always carry a cheap Walmart Tarp with me whether its backpacking, car camping or float camping. I buy a tarp large enough to use as a hammock tarp if needed. It is also an excellent ground cloth for under the hammock, a raincoat for you and your gear, a source of shade and in a pinch, can be converted into a cot or stretcher. The minimal weight and bulk, is worth it to me. It has made many camp trips a little more comfortable for me.

Be safe.

Bob

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    https://www.gearaid.com/products/ten...patch-silnylon

This is what you want.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info. What I'd like to know is if there are patches not for repairs but like they have for dyneema fabric tents, where you can order a lear patch that has a loop sewn in, so that one can add an additional tie out, or inside to hang a small light. Does anyone know?

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    put a piece of tenacious tape on the inside and dope up the tear on the outside with seam grip or seam seal whichever applies to the material you have. If I remember correctly seam seal is for sil poly and and sil grip is for pu treated material. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. I may have it backwards.

for field repairs, the self adhesive ripstop patches you can find at most outdoors outfitters should do the trick nicely (and they are small and easy to stash), as long as you don't get a big rip. the same kind of patches are used to patch up paragliders and kites, in case that helps source them.

if you opt for just a piece of ripstop and some silicone glue, which i think is also a good option, keep in mind that typically it takes about 24h for that glue to fully cure (but it should already be holding together after a few hours), and this kind of glue has the peculiarity that it cures in the presence of humidity (it needs it to cure), so if the material is a little bit damp, it shouldn't be a big deal.

for bigger rips, imo your best bet is to be ready to use a technique like trapping a peble or knot inside the fabric, to move some tieouts away from the rip as needed, and effectively isolate the rip until you get home and are able to perform a final repair (which will likely involve replacing some fabric, and some sewing)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12