Hammock
    Dutch Half Zipped
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & UQ

Yeti pattern or picture

Hello there, I'm intrigued with the WB Yeti. The lightweight and small pack ability makes me very interested. I've made two underquilts, one from an old synthetic sleeping bag and another one from a synthetic bag turned into a down underquilt for my son. I have some left over down from high quality quilt and I want to make a Yeti.
    I have some questions if someone is willing to help me out. Does the asymmetric cut of the Yeti and the diagonal lay of the person help the Yeti stay in place with only the one circular shock cord? The point I'm getting at is, if I made a symmetric Yeti would it preform similar or would it slide up and down more and have more prone chances of air leaks? I know this question might need to be in the DIY section.
    Finally, any of you who own a Yeti, would you be willing to take a picture of it so i can see the exact lines of it. All an any pictures I find really don't allow me to see just exactly the dimensions and the straight and curved edges.

Thank you for any help, pictures and comments.
    David
    Last edited by macdavid51; 08-07-2023 at 02:01.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    When I first saw your post, I thought you were looking for Sasquatch pictures, since some people call it a YETI. I kept waiting for a good picture. Guess we're not going to get one, It believes in Leave No Trace

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    Hi,
    My yeti is 36 inches wide and 48 inches long. it has 4 inch baffles, zero temperature rating. I like using it a lot.

In your construction plan, keep the outer layer of fabric significantly larger than the inside layer so that baffles seem overly large, Nothing worst than too tight, and impossible to fix. Make paper models until you get it. Best Wishes... T

• + New Posts