Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

anymaka Hammock Stand

Car/Kayak portable hammock stand.

Norris Frederick doing a promo on the product. He is 6-feet tall.

Might be worth a shot, when they move out of the Earlybird (edit) stage (Stand Only $219 / w/hammock $255) Production units are earmarked at $350 for stand only.

August 31st 2023 Payment, shipping cost to be determined, September delivery iis projected.

https://anymaka.com/
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 08-03-2023 at 07:36.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    They advertise "Compatible with any hammock". That.is.a.lie. Bridge hammock? 90-degree? Nope.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I watched four different reviews/promos and none of them mentioned the horizontal distance between the support ends. Noting that one or both ends of the hammock material itself are folded over the support, a commentator asked how that would work with a UQ. It probably wouldn't; you'd be using a sleeping pad. The same challenge goes for using a bug net. Note there was no tarp solution either. As this is more of a car camping product, the tarp could be stand-alone with its own support poles. But warning flags go up when few of the video reviews mention the length of the hammock they are using or the distance between support ends.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    I ... warning flags go up when few of the video reviews mention the length of the hammock they are using or the distance between support ends.
    In the Q&A it states: "In the lounge mode, anymaka stand has a top length of 105 in"

So that implies that this stand is only good for about a 10 to 10-1/2 foot hammock which is the typical Amazon/big box store recreational hammock length.
    My 11' hammocks all have a ridgeline of about 107-108" (the 83% rule of thumb would be about 109-110", but I like mine a little saggier.) My 12 foot hammock ridgelines are at about 177-118" (the standard is about 119-120"). Most cottage vendor camping/backpacking hammocks start at 11' and would likely be too long for this stand.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    They advertise "Compatible with any hammock". That.is.a.lie. Bridge hammock? 90-degree? Nope.
    Marketing Departments are not my cup of tea either, as my Amok probably will not be a match. This is a kickstarter product, no one to oversee the truth in advertisement claim.

In any case, I don't need comfort or features, a 9-foot ridgeline for my purposes of getting a good 6-hours of sleep will work fine.

I just need a fast set up, for kayaking rivers in Texas where private land goes down to the high water mark of the rivers. Lots of these rivers in Texas do not have trees, so limestone "flats on the river are the only choice.

Every single one of the trees in this image of the Lano River are on private property.

Llano-River_web2.jpg
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 08-03-2023 at 16:45.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    In the Q&A it states: "In the lounge mode, anymaka stand has a top length of 105 in"

So that implies that this stand is only good for about a 10 to 10-1/2 foot hammock which is the typical Amazon/big box store recreational hammock length.
    My 11' hammocks all have a ridgeline of about 107-108" (the 83% rule of thumb would be about 109-110", but I like mine a little saggier.) My 12 foot hammock ridgelines are at about 177-118" (the standard is about 119-120"). Most cottage vendor camping/backpacking hammocks start at 11' and would likely be too long for this stand.
    The company states that gathered end hammocks up to 12-feet are compatible, which essentially means that more of the longer hammocks are drawn down, the "ridgeline length won't change.

My use will be for kayak camping along Central Texas Rivers, where trees might not be available. This will not be a comfort choice, but a decent nights sleep will be just moments away under a 4x4 meter tarp. Quick and easy with no fidget factor involved. Chair mode is novel, probably a polyester no stretch hammock would be best for that.

Curl up in a ball to sleep, which is no problem for my use.

Facebook quote:

Kathy Kay
    What type of material is the hammock portion made of? Is it easily replaceable with current on the market hammocks? (i.e. standard sizes)
    4w
    Edited

Author
    anymaka-BR
    Kathy Kay anymaka's hammock is made of 40D diamond ripstop nylon. And anymaka stand works with traditional gathered-end hammocks up to 12 feet.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    I watched four different reviews/promos and none of them mentioned the horizontal distance between the support ends. Noting that one or both ends of the hammock material itself are folded over the support, a commentator asked how that would work with a UQ. It probably wouldn't; you'd be using a sleeping pad. The same challenge goes for using a bug net. Note there was no tarp solution either. As this is more of a car camping product, the tarp could be stand-alone with its own support poles. But warning flags go up when few of the video reviews mention the length of the hammock they are using or the distance between support ends.
    Yep, I agree with everything you've mentioned. For me, this is a Kayak camping setup, for the Devils River, Guadalupe, Medina, San Marcus etc here in Central Texas. We have private land to the rivers edge, so no trespassing to find a suitable camp site.

Small 50-foot long islands, or gravel bank washouts when flood stages happened. So, pop it open, slick the cheap hammock on it, and crawl onto a sleeping pad with a sleeping bag. I've never even owned an under-quilt or top-quilt. Probably be using the Military Cold Weather heavy bags and my 4m x 4m Polyester tarp with tarp poles.

These dog days of summer are 102-105 degrees F in the noon to 6:00 PM hours, however it does cool off to 78-deg F to 89-deg F at night, be a bit cooler near the water. I got DEET 100% that I have been using since the 60's, no no but net needed.

Set it on the ground, pull up on the stand, lengthen as wide as possible... one minute is gone gone.

Crawl in, curl into a ball and blissful sleep during the summer months. I have 8-lb synthetic bags good for 0-deg F for winter. Whilst in the Navy in '75 I could catch my sleep by leaning into a corner of the room standing up. Sounds crazy right? With this set up I could just drape a tarp over it and tie three good sized rocks per side to get by. Done that before.

"M r 2 duks, c dem wings?" We talkin Cajun Country here with Clyde Mays for sedation.
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 08-03-2023 at 18:58.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    With those dimensions, a standard BlackBird would just fit. If so, that's a pretty good solution and less expensive than other "stand-alone" supports. I big plus is that it doesn't need ground anchors. For netting - if not using a built-in net, you could attach a line between the support ends and hang a HUG still net off of it.

Hope we see some in-use photos and reviews from Forum members (rather than just "media influencers") before the Earlybird and other "starter" offers expire.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_guilbeau View Post
    "M r 2 duks, c dem wings?"
    The way I've heard that one is "Mr dux - no r not - sar cm edbd wangs? lib, mr dux"
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    The way I've heard that one is "Mr dux - no r not - sar cm edbd wangs? lib, mr dux"
    Or:
    “M. R. Ducks

M.R. Not

O.S. A. R.

C.M. Wangs

L.I. B.

M. R. Ducks.”

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast