Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Hope we see some in-use photos and reviews from Forum members (rather than just "media influencers") before the Earlybird and other "starter" offers expire.
    This is about as close as you might get, credit card gets charged on Aug 31st, with about a 30-dollar shipping fee added when it ships, probably sometime in late September. I opted for the $219 stand only. Still has 150 slots left.

The way it folds up allows me to place it inside the front hatch of the Crescent LiteTackle.

Yes, I would like an additional two foot on the ridgeline.

The Hive stand has it all, you pay for what you get.

The video below is what sold me, as I like the design.
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 08-04-2023 at 18:15.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Joe, That Crescent looks slick for what it's designed for. I'll probably miss any "early bird" window for the Anymaka; already too many gadgets needing to be tested. But it will be worth the increment cost if it performs well with a 10.5 or 11-ft hammock.

My experience with a few "starter" projects is they've never been delivered on time - which doesn't make them bad; it just means the marketing department was ... enthusiastic. Side note, when I worked support for a company that made CD authoring software, my desk was next to the marketing guy. I'd hear him tell potential customers the product had features that hadn't been added/tested yet. After the call, I mentioned, "You know, our product can't do that yet." He shrugged and said his job was to sell, and that the product could do most of what he said it could. I told him I'd pass the call to him when the customer called back after buying the product.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Joe, thanks for posting about this stand. I'm onboard with the Stand Only option. I'm planning to try my 10' RSBTR Appalachian Highlander hammock with it, and maybe throw a DWG 10' summer sock on it for bug protection. Nowhere did I see dimensions for the width of the stand feet, but I'm hoping it will fit on my narrow front porch and I can hang there without needing a tarp.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Well shoot. Just received this notification --

"Hello,

This is a message from Kickstarter’s Trust and Safety team. We're writing to inform you that a project you backed, anymaka:The Portable Hammock Stand that Sets Up in 3 Seconds, is the subject of an intellectual property dispute.

The project has been removed from public view pending dispute resolution. You can find out more by reading our Copyright and Trademark policies.

If you’d like to reach out to the creator directly, you can still do so through the project page.

Best wishes,
    Kickstarter Trust and Safety"

Luckily the plug was pulled before my credit card was charged. I'm hoping they get the dispute resolved, as I thought it was a great "no anchors needed" design.

Images
    Yep, I replied in the Paddling Forum"

"An update:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...p-in-3-seconds

"anymaka:The Portable Hammock Stand that Sets Up in 3 Seconds is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable. If you are interested in this project, please check back later. Thanks for your patience. If you are a backer of this project, you can always log in to manage your pledge."

Latest quote: "Wow, that looks like a great stand, but..."

Kickstarter: "Are you sure you wish to cancel your $xxx.xx pledge to anymaka: The Portable Hammock Stand that Sets Up in 3 Seconds?
    If you don't mind, please tell us why (this is optional and not shared with the creator):"

Me: "That would be an affirmative"

There is a 30-day window for resolution of either reposting the Kickstarter campaign or cancelling it. Emails should go out either way.

October 18th should be the outcome notification date.

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/copyright#backer

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadark View Post
    Well shoot. Just received this notification --

"Hello,

This is a message from Kickstarter’s Trust and Safety team. We're writing to inform you that a project you backed, anymaka:The Portable Hammock Stand that Sets Up in 3 Seconds, is the subject of an intellectual property dispute.

The project has been removed from public view pending dispute resolution. You can find out more by reading our Copyright and Trademark policies.

If you’d like to reach out to the creator directly, you can still do so through the project page.

Best wishes,
    Kickstarter Trust and Safety"

Luckily the plug was pulled before my credit card was charged. I'm hoping they get the dispute resolved, as I thought it was a great "no anchors needed" design.
    Kammack Hammocks out of Austin, Texas filed that complaint with Kickstarter. So, the 30-day window for resolution ends on October 17th.

anymaka has a warehouse in Colorado Springs, CO so that is where approximately 1,000 of the stands were shipped on a container ship a day or so ago. Take about a month to arrive, by then the resolution should have been settled. Kammock's intellectual property suit is a bit weak because so many other stands on Amazon and Ali Express have variations of the wide/narrow ridgeline, the cup holders and the hammock length adjust that they probably have not filed copyright infringement, so why anymaka? It is all about money, so we shall see, eh!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    I cancelled my Kickstarter pledge and instead ordered the stand on the Anymaka website when they offered a discount (all of $10!) for hanging in there through the IP resolution. Looks like they are back on Kickstarter / Indiegogo now.

Today I received an email indicating my Stand-only order is "in transit". It's currently sitting in Etobicoke, ON. No ETA on getting to me here in southeastern BC, but at least it's on its way, allegedly. I'll post some photos after I receive it and try it out.

Images
    Check carefully when you receive it, if there is any damage, be sure to take pictures and contact the shipping company immediately with a claim. Do this immediately upon delivery, if all is well, then thank due diligence for its gift.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    The Anymaka stand arrived today, safe and sound. I set it up in my backyard for some initial testing.

TL;DR
    Probably OK with your ENO 9' hammock but won't work with a 10' hammock for sleeping.

The stand was well-packaged, and it seemed sturdy and well-made. I personally could not whip it into position in a single motion like all the promotional videos show, but it was easy to set up.

My first test case was a Ripstop-by-the-Roll Appalachian Highlander hammock, which if memory serves is a 10-footer in HyperD 1.6. I could not use this hammock on the stand without removing the adjustable ridgeline. If the ridgeline was there, even let out as far as possible, my butt hit the stand when I got in the hammock. And with the ridgeline removed, it took moving the tie-out points down to the second "stop" on each support arm to give me enough room underneath to be able to have room for an underquilt. But then how would you suspend an underquilt?

Second test case was a DWG 10' netless...same result. I forgot to take a photo of this one.

Third time unlucky was a 10' Superior Gear insulated hammock. There is no way I would remove the ridgeline from this hammock, so I just took a photo to show how it sat on the stand. Literally.

So if you have a very very short (by cottage maker standards) hammock, you might be able to make this work with using a pad in the hammock.

I have requested a Return Authorization as my plan for this stand was to use it for hammock sleeping on my front porch without the need for a tarp. Kinda disappointed, but now we know.

Stand 2.jpg instructions.jpg
    Last edited by Canadark; 11-16-2023 at 20:40.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    More photos...
    Stand 4.jpg Stand 5.jpg Stand 6.jpg

Appalachian Highlander hammock with the ridgeline
    Stand 7.jpg Stand 8.jpg Stand 9.jpg

Appalachian Highlander hammock without the ridgeline
    Stand 10.jpg Stand 11.jpg

Appalachian Highlander hammock without the ridgeline on "stop 2" each side
    Stand 12.jpg

Superior Gear 15 degree 10-footer
    Stand 13.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Canadark; 11-16-2023 at 20:31.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast