Odds and ends included with Townsend Luxury Bridge

Did I miss the manual on the bridge that explains all the doodads? I'm pretty sure the CL is for the chair mod and something is for attaching the sack to the RL for storage, but beyond that I am lost. I was going to email JustBill and ask but figured a thread could help others as well.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Ninja - your first post; welcome to the forum.

If you search YouTube - and maybe Bill's site - you'll find videos explaining what all those doodads are for.

I'd try to explain but the uses are so visual, it makes more sense to watch the setup. A lot of the connections/loops are for UQ (under quilt) suspension.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Ninja - your first post; welcome to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post

If you search YouTube - and maybe Bill's site - you'll find videos explaining what all those doodads are for.

I'd try to explain but the uses are so visual, it makes more sense to watch the setup. A lot of the connections/loops are for UQ (under quilt) suspension.

Thanks!

I did watch the setup videos a bit before I got the bridge, I'll go back and rewatch them now that I have everything in hand.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Appreciate you starting this thread actually! My website sucks and my videos need to be remade... things have changed a little over the years now but I find myself spending my time sewing so that task keeps getting neglected. Pretty common question these days so don't feel bad.

I'm not a big fan of kicking the last few dimes from your drawers once you've agreed to buy something so while you can order extras and replacements of these items- ALL OF THEM are included in the bridge base price on the Happy Medium, Luxury and Big Guy Bridges.

Towns-End Bits and Bobs-.pdf

Towns-End Bits and Bobs-.jpg

For those who can't log in- here's a link to it on the company onedrive account- BITS AND BOBS

And one for 'the chair trick'

Attachments are always a bit messy- so here's the text from the image copy/pasted as well in case you can't read the picture well- but downloading the PDF is probably best.

On all Premium bridges you'll get from Town's End you'll receive an Adjustable Ridgeline (Orange, yellow, or Grey):
    Hanging on there you'll find the following bits an bobs to make life a little easier for those of you who don't have a sewing shop full of stuff to trick out your bridge. Extras can be ordered when needed.

Extra Bits and bobs:
    Hanging on head end Heavy Mitten hook(stored here for shipping)
    Spare shock cord loops and additional mitten hooks. Used for attaching bridge style quilts or trouble shooting (if needed).
    For everyone else- use them to attach to the tabs along the edges to hang your shoes, a stuff sack, or anything you want!

Light Mitten hook-x2 (White)
    Mitten hooks to allow you to hang the stuff sack for additional storage- not meant to be a ridgeline organizer, simply a little extra use for your stuff sack. Feel free to move or remove if you don't use it.

Continuous loop x1:
    (Orange or Yellow)
    Use for "Chair Trick", as an overhand grab loop helper for Big Guys to sit up easier and can be used for underquilt attachment at one end to extend or reduce stress on the primary suspension

Carabiners:
    Camp Nano 22 standard.
    Red Head, Blue Balls system. Can be swapped for soft shackles for alternate connections. DO NOT girth hitch a loop on.

Pick-Me-UPx1:
    (Orange or Brown)
    (White on UL models)
    Hangs from the ridgeline and is used to 'pick up' a standard underquilt for extra lift where you need it

Heavy Mitten hook- x2 (Orange, Brown, Green)
    Quilt lifter on each end to attach primary (and secondary) suspension of standard quilts to provide extra lift at each end.
    Intended to be used 8-16" from end of Ridgeline and meant to be adjusted!

Drip Loops- X4 (2 red, 2 blue)
    Just in case… can be used to hang an end bar bridge quilt as well in a pinch

Suspension helpers- x4 (All reflective Yellow)
    Helps you locate and properly install the spreader bar tips into the 'eye' splice of the internal amsteel suspension (dynaglide in SUL models) DO NOT hang things on these.

Perfect, thank you Just Bill!
    Blue balls? Haha. I always think boobies as in the blue footed variety.
    9CE2617F-A2E7-44C4-9986-318E3921305A.png

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    I had some of them figured out on my newer BGBH and this clears it up and makes sense for the rest of them. Thanks Bill!
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

• + New Posts