hennessy hammock UQ protector

Any suggestions for Hennessy Hammock UQ protector? I use the Potomac Underquilt which is asymmetrical in shape just like my hyperlight backpacker HH. Thanks.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Dutchware sell (via 2QZQ, who used to be an independent cottage industry vendor) UQP's. Remember, the UQP just has to cover the UQ, not necessarily the whole hammock. I think all mine do cover all most all the hammock bottom itself though. The Hennesy "Super Shelter" is just a UQP, with an additional foam insulation piece and maybe some ReflexIt. It's been years since I sold mine.

So you don't need a SuperShelter. Just a basic UQP will do and you don't need to worry about asymmetrical shape. The UPQ's fit very loose - you want them to breath and not constrict loft. The only adjustment might be putting knot in its suspension bungee to "cinch it up" so it just hangs below your UQ.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pettit View Post
    Any suggestions for Hennessy Hammock UQ protector? I use the Potomac Underquilt which is asymmetrical in shape just like my hyperlight backpacker HH. Thanks.
    As cougarmeat suggested, the actual Super Shelter that Hennesy sells is a great UQP. You might put up a post in the WTB section and see if someone will part with one. I'd offer mine, but I just gave away my entire Hennesy setup to a nephew. If you can't snag a Super Shelter, I'd think Hammock Gear's UQP would fit as well as anything else. Here's a link:
    https://hammockgear.com/underquilt-protector/

If you can sew, you can also make one, which is what I did for my gathered end hammock. It's a very simple project if you're handy with DIY and exact fit isn't important with the UQP.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

• + New Posts