WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LL Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    WB Beckett Straps

Ridgerunner newbie question

Hi all. Newbie question on the Ridgerunner. What is the function of the little adjustor pictured here, on the head end of the hammock?

Thanks in advance.

IMG-2109.jpg

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner/blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    Bushwack minifly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch spider/poly
    You can run the spreader bar through the loop to help keep the head end up and supported.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    A worthy question. I've asked WarBonnet the same thing. Why does it need a toggle if it was just a loop for the head spreader bar? I don't recall the WarBonnet answer - if there was one. Just another part of life that makes you go, "Hum."
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    When the RR first came out, its header bar came in three pieces. I think they changed that since, but I'm not sure. Anyway, there was a short (~4") middle section that could be left out by people who felt the RR was too "tippy" otherwise. If you only used the two longer header bars, then running them through that loop would keep the cloth from sagging in your face. This doesn't explain the need for a toggle; I don't know about that.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    It is there so you can enjoy a nice ping ping sound whenever you forget to attach it to remind yourself that you should attach it in the future.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner/blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    Bushwack minifly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch spider/poly
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroa View Post
    It is there so you can enjoy a nice ping ping sound whenever you forget to attach it to remind yourself that you should attach it in the future.
    Truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroa View Post
    I love that sound !
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LL Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    WB Beckett Straps
    Thank you everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by ChacMool View Post
    When the RR first came out, its header bar came in three pieces. I think they changed that since, but I'm not sure. Anyway, there was a short (~4") middle section that could be left out by people who felt the RR was too "tippy" otherwise. If you only used the two longer header bars, then running them through that loop would keep the cloth from sagging in your face. This doesn't explain the need for a toggle; I don't know about that.
    Yes, as ChacMool mentioned, the early version of the RR came with a 3-piece header bar of unequal lengths. This gave the option of setting the hammock up in a way that offers more wind protection while you sleep. Tippiness has never been a concern for me with the RR. But setting it up in the shorter mode, causes the UQ to wrap around the upper torso in a noticeable way, which I like. It does not create a feeling of shoulder squeeze for me, but it may for some people. I also like how the reduced spreader bar width makes it easier to get better tarp coverage.

In fact, I just had a 3-piece spreader bar in this configuration made by Ruta Locura for me out of carbon fiber. The short middle piece is 6" long. It was delivered this week. And it was less than a week between ordering time and delivery.

Some people have said they were afraid that they would lose the short middle piece. I never had that fear. Although, I have invested in a "pole bag", to carry spreader bars for the RR as well as the Warbonnet tarps. Both Warbonnet and Arrowhead Equipment offer these pole bags. This keeps all of my poles organized while hiking, and while they are stored between trips. I plan to backpack without the middle piece. And recently did a 6 night trip with the RR set up at this reduced width. In the reduced width, the material at the head end of the RR is a bit slack when set up. Although when attaching the long elastic cord at the head, the interior room of the bug netting is not very much affected.

The bug net stays well away from my face when set up this way. I do put my spreader bar through that loop at the head of the RR when setting it up. But I have noticed that the elastic loop with the "adjuster" carries almost no weight, even when I lie with my head scooted up close to the head end.

And I must admit, I also have never discovered how the cord lock (adjuster) was meant to be used.
    Last edited by dblhmmck; 07-18-2023 at 20:27.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    A Zen koan provides a question to occupy the mind, gently banishing other disturbing thoughts. WarBonnet does such a good job with their designs, especially the RideRunner, that I wouldn't be surprised if that toggle was provided to assist in putting away the thoughts of the day - just focus on the "Why?" until sleep comes.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast