Images

Anyone willing to rent me a hammock in Eugene, Oregon area?

Need help!

I’m departing on July 14 for a two-week long backpacking/hammock-camping adventure with my partner (her first-ever hammock camping experience).

I ordered a custom hammock for her with plenty of lead time but just found out today that unfortunately the manufacturer is behind schedule and the hammock will not be finished in time. I am desperate to find someone who is willing to let me rent their hammock!

I’m a detail-oriented perfectionist who treats their gear impeccably well. Looking for an 11’ hammock with built-in bug netting (such as a Dream Hammock Darien). I live in Eugene, Oregon.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Images
    There is always Amazon Prime/Next Day Delivery/Free Returns.

It is their business model, so you are essentially trying it out for a few weeks before you decide to keep it. Don't much care for Nylon as fabric material.

For example:

https://www.amazon.com/Onewind-Premi...47c48c32f&th=1

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Maybe someone will sell their hammock. Then y’all can use that hammock until new custom hammock arrives. You will have a spare, or you can sell the interim hammock to someone. You might lose a spot of cash or you might break even.

If I got paid to tell lies, it wouldn’t be as much fun

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Need help!

I’m departing on July 14 for a two-week long backpacking/hammock-camping adventure with my partner (her first-ever hammock camping experience).

I ordered a custom hammock for her with plenty of lead time but just found out today that unfortunately the manufacturer is behind schedule and the hammock will not be finished in time. I am desperate to find someone who is willing to let me rent their hammock!

I’m a detail-oriented perfectionist who treats their gear impeccably well. Looking for an 11’ hammock with built-in bug netting (such as a Dream Hammock Darien). I live in Eugene, Oregon.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
    PMed you

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Cliffy,

Where are you planning to go - central Oregon? How tall is your friend? 11ft is sometimes a nominal number. A shorter person might be quite comfortable in a 10.5 ft or 10 ft hammock. I believe the ridgeline length of the WB Blackbird is 101 inches and many reviews say it's very comfortable for people under 6 ft. - though it does have that foot area build-in, that other short hammocks don't have, for the diagonal lie.

I'd gladly provide one but I won't be in Eugene until the 17th. Note that there are alternatives to a built-in bug net. If the skeeters are light, you can use a HUG-style net that just covers the head area (the rest of the body is ensconced in the TQ with a UQ or UQP protecting the underside. OR You could use a full cover net that goes over the whole hammock like a sock, but netting.

If those options are available, it widens your candidates for a hammock.

If your friend is new hammocks, remember, the first night - for anyone - is a little weird. I sleep in a hammock most days of the week. But if I were to go back to using a bed for any length of time, I might need a day or two for my body to re-learn the hammock environment.

You only have a few days so if possible - using your hammock because you don't have a second one yet - have her try out yours at home. Establish how much sag she likes, and show her what "head left, feet right" (or reverse) means. Let her feel what it's like when the UQ if fitted properly and when it's not.

My point is, I've found that sometimes friends want to please, and so they put up with things because they think, "That's how it is." and they don't want to complain. They need to know - if there is calf ridge (and what that is), it can be fixed. If they have CBS, it can be fixed. It if feels a little weird sleeping on their back when they are used to sleeping on their side - give it a day. Or a pillow in a hammock may provide more comfort under a knee rather than under a head (tilts my head too much; hammock support alone is just fine).

Once comfort set in, I quickly forgot the "learning curve" time as I transitioned from tent to hammock. But my friends who are new to hammocks surely remind me - if they are encouraged to complain so I can address their issues.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 07-12-2023 at 17:59.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC UL DL
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket straps
    Images
    I have a 11’ 15° Superior gear I bought used and have yet to really try out. It has a bottom entry bugnet.

I am outside of Corvallis. Kings Valley if you know where that is. Though I leave tomorrow to be in Jefferson for a few nights. We would have to sort something in the morning which is getting pretty busy on my side. I have a bunch of stuff I need to get done before leaving as I really should not go. Though I still intend to if I can get everything sorted. I will ideally leave through Corvallis, probably a little after noon.

Though unsure how the whole renting thing would go. PM me and we can exchange details and sort this.

• + New Posts