Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theyland View Post
    Update: just met my friend in the park and set up his new hammock. He’s 6’3” and due to the generous width, he had tones of extra space beyond his feet and head.

Disappointingly though, the hammock didn’t come with a structural ridge line, nor any kind of ridge line, despite the pictures clearly depicting one. I guess that’s what you get for $35 Cdn on Amazon.

What’s the rope called that is used for structural ridge lines? He may add one, or just rig up some shock cord between the ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can use utility line or even paracord (will stretch a little). These days most use amsteel. Really easy to add one to a hammock. https://dutchwaregear.com/product/ad...nes/#type-size
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Thanks Shug!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    WiseOwl Hex
    Insulation
    Go-Outfitters
    Suspension
    BeetleBuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    If you want decent hammock you can get on Amazon I'd recommend a Onewind hammock. The hammocks and the tarps are good, most everything else I got from cottage venders known here.
    I did try their quilts in the beginning, wasn't thrilled.
    Could you expand a little on that? I thought I finally found the cheapest yet most viable synthetic UQ when looking at the OneWind ones since they have the cinches on the ends for closing the collar but went another direction. Decided if I was going to go cheap amazon I'd go really cheap and upgrade to a high end 20degree at some point if needed. Then I changed my mind again and ordered one from Go! Outfitters instead.

So then, OneWind vs Go! I don't like how OneWind gives their temperature ratings in a range (20-40) since that makes me think the 20 is likely a survive ratings whereas most others are based on comfort. The Go! one was also oddly the same price for the 20 or 40 degree due to sales currently. Either way, the 20°F one for each brand are similarly priced. The specs say they should be pretty close in weight, but I think the MaxLoft insulation of the Go! will do better than that DuPont Sorona in terms of compactness. But then again, OneWind has those rivets to connect a quilt easily as well. I'd love to hear why you didn't like the OneWind so much.

Hammock
    Whatever I'm in :)
    Tarp
    Good ol mil poncho
    Suspension
    20'L 1.5''w straps
    This place has name brand hammocks that have lower prices, but full disclosure I havent purchased anything from them yet.https://www.sierra.com/all/hammocks~...rt=LowestPrice

Keep an eye out at walmart in the clearance isle and in the camping section, they often have hammocks on deep discounts. I've purchased a few Kijaro ultralight hammocks for 10 dollars and regular "equip" brand for as low as 5 dollars for a 2 person hammock. Normal price is 35 for the UL and 25 or more for 'equip'.

Most of these cheap entry level hammocks are just branded differently. Same hardware. I splurged on Zing-it or whatever its called, and that stuff is an amazing ridgeline.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123