Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    PopcornFool, I think you said it yourself - those labels get in the way too. I'm guessing (my experience actually) that if you put tags on your bags they will tangle with your gear as much or more than the simple CL's. Just part of life. But, as suggested above, I know there are online services where you send in a photo and they will print it on some cloth (someone's face on a pillowcase, etc.)

So if you took photos of your different hammocks and tarps, and combined them to make a collage - one photo made of smaller images of hammocks/tarps - and had that printed on cloth. Then you could cut out the individual images and sew them on their respective carry bags.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    But, as suggested above, I know there are online services where you send in a photo and they will print it on some cloth (someone's face on a pillowcase, etc.)

So if you took photos of your different hammocks and tarps, and combined them to make a collage - one photo made of smaller images of hammocks/tarps - and had that printed on cloth. Then you could cut out the individual images and sew them on their respective carry bags.
    That’s Brilliant!!
    One order. One item. Relative low cost. I’ll definitely chew on that.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Check out Hilltop Packs... they do all kinds of printed & custom printed stuff sacks, ditty bags, dry bags, ground sheets, etc. I just got a small, custom printed bear bag with my dog's image on it.

Last edited by ObdewlaX; 07-02-2023 at 16:28.

How did this work out?

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    How did this work out?
    I haven't pulled the trigger yet. It's taking longer than I thought it would. I'm finding that hardest part is deciding on and producing all the different pieces I want for my mosaic so that I only do this one time.

For some things (like my quilt storage bags) I want different labels that say different things in different sizes. Several inches tall in some cases so that it's easier to read hanging in the back of my dark closet. For other uses, I want to make a lot of the same kind of label in the same size (like a Popcorn label) but want a graphic to go with it with the same spacing every time. I used your general MS Excel idea for that, but instead I've been trying to leverage a label template in MS Word so that it's easier to manipulate the graphics. (I'm no graphics whiz.) I'll also need to get to a Staples or library or something so that I can print it out in color. I only have an old B&W printer.

Once I get all the different things I want decided and produced, I plan lay out all the pieces like a jigsaw puzzle, put the mosaic together, and take a picture of that.

So far, I've got about a dozen things in a stack but I'm still deciding and collecting. Eventually (if I can find enough free time) I'll finally get everything put together and laid out so that I can take the picture and send that off to someone to reproduce. I have some concerns about how little to make the items in the mosaic so that they'll be the size I want when the photo is blown up and put on a pillowcase or whatever, and I'm concerned about the reproduction resolution quality when it gets blown up, but I still think it's a good idea that's worth a shot.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    Walahalla Monolite 1.5
    Tarp
    Dynemma Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopies slings
    Images
    Have you looked on Etsy?

I guess a table or label format in Word is probably a whole lot more amenable to graphics than Excel would be. You can probably build that jigsaw puzzle imbedded in the doc. Maybe multiple pages.

You probably don't need to print and photograph the final document. Whomever prints it on cloth could, almost certainly, use the electronic Word doc.

I just watched a vid from RBTR (episode 30, I think). I think they may be your best shot at having stuff printed on fabric. OutdoorINK is the process. Probably the largest fabric selection that you're going to find. Drop them a note. They like to help.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    A little strip of grosgrain works just fine. Label it with a Sharpie, then sew it to the CL.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12