WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie

When you cross a Tensa with a Tato

While backyard prepping for an upcoming trip to South Dakota, I set up my Tensa stand next to my Tato stand to pass the time while waiting for seam sealer to dry on a 13' Superfly tarp. I've never had both stands set up at the same time, but soon noticed that the Tato ridgepole was 13' and the Tensa stand was about 13' long and the Superfly tarp was 13' as well. Hmm....

So I pulled the Tensa tarp extenders from the carry bag and installed them on the Tato stand.

The only item that isn't "stock" for the Tato is the "dog collar split ring" that I had added to the guylines some years ago. The Tensa tarp extender just serendipitously fit through the split ring.

The Superfly tarp rings fit perfectly for length on the tarp extenders. No wrestling, adjusting, or cussing needed. It's a brand new tarp that doesn't even have guylines yet so it's just flapping in the light breeze - waiting for the seam sealer to cure.

Is this a world-beater of an overlooked combo? Not really since the ridgepole still is the same height as always and the increased height of the tarp means the tarp sides are higher from the ground, but it was fun to move an idea from a thought experiment to a completed idea.
    Last edited by Watertooner; 06-25-2023 at 04:18.
    The game is the best teacher.

• + New Posts