Hammock
    Dutchware Netless
    Tarp
    HH asym
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Question Can I get a price check on a HG Incubator 20* UQ and other gear?

I'm moving from a Hammock to my Amok Draumr so I can finally sleep on my stomach. I'm going to be moving out some gear and want to be fair with my pricing. Any help would be appreciated. This is not a sales thread!

Hammock Gear 20* Incubator UQ
    https://imgur.com/gallery/Y1F0vwZ

Dutchware Summer Sock

Dutchware 11' gathered end hammock with whoopie slings and dyneema ridgeline.

Thanks for your help!

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    I think for a relatively like-new quilt, and a pretty one at that, I think a 20% markdown, shippped, is fair. Just my opinion, I've seen them list higher - especially if its a custom product that would have some lead time if ordered new, and some lower if it has some age. Could say the same on the other items, but might have to discount a bit more to get them to move. I'm trying to thin my herd and finding it slow-going.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    I think it depends on how fast you want to move it and how much effort you want to put into it as well. The items that I have sold were discounted below 50% just because I wanted them to go quickly and I personally felt better about somebody using them rather than them sitting in my storage room. My $.02.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless
    Tarp
    HH asym
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Thanks for the input, the UQ sold for $185 on Reddit. I haven't made a decision on the other stuff yet.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    I think for a relatively like-new quilt, and a pretty one at that, I think a 20% markdown, shippped, is fair. Just my opinion, I've seen them list higher - especially if its a custom product that would have some lead time if ordered new, and some lower if it has some age. Could say the same on the other items, but might have to discount a bit more to get them to move. I'm trying to thin my herd and finding it slow-going.
    I tend to agree, for most of the year. But timing is a factor. From what I've seen, buyers will often pay higher prices as the weather starts turning colder and the interest in quilts increases. Also, many vendors will offer sales periodically during the year. If you are trying to sell your quilt right after one of those sales, many of those who were looking may have just placed their order for a new quilt at the sale price so you'll need to price your used quilt lower. HG just ran a site-wide 20% off Fathers Day sale. Now is not the best time to sell a used HG quilt for top dollar. Circumstances play a role as well. The lead times for custom orders from vendors may frequently vary from a couple of weeks to a couple of months for any number of reasons (limited supplies, facility relocation, staff out sick, all kinds of things you might not think of). We really saw this come into play during COVID when it was virtually impossible to get a quilt from ANY vendor inside of 2-3 months. The turn for a HG Incubator appears to be 3-4 weeks right now which is about average.

All of the above comes down to simple supply vs demand. When demand goes up or the ability to obtain a new quilt goes down, used quilt prices increase.

Don't forget to factor in those taxes and shipping costs, Most folks price their used quilts with shipping baked into the price and buyers don't pay taxes when buying used from the forum. That ~20% off would commonly be off the estimated total price (shipping and taxes included) for a new quilt.

It should also go without saying that your desire to sell quickly vs your willingness to wait for the right price comes into play as well. If you want to sell quickly, you'll need to price lower.

But at the end of the day, like for anything else, you'll only get what people are willing to pay. Your idea of what is fair may not be the same as those willing to buy at any given point in time. So if you find that you aren't getting the interest you are expecting, you may need to adjust your expectations on price or postpone your sale until supply/demand adjusts.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?
    Pick 2! (As long as the 2 aren't "affordable" and "ultralight luxury".)

• + New Posts