Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet minifly
    Insulation
    EE underquilt, Kel
    Suspension
    Dynaweave Beckett

Exclamation Extra Smokies backcountry permit available for 2 nights (June 27-28) @ Gregory Bald

Hey y'all,

I had a trip planned with a friend to catch the peak bloom of the Azaleas on Gregory Bald for 2 nights June 27-28 in the GSMNP. Both nights at Sheep Pen Gap (number 13) which is an incredible and large hammock friendly backcountry site a half mile below the summit. We have taken this trip every year since 2018 however he had to cancel to help his girlfriend move. I'll add a few pics to the thread below.

That being said, I already have the extra permit paid for and I still plan to take the trip, so I'd be grateful for any extra company. As of this morning there was still 5+ spots available so even if you're interested in bringing others/family you can still purchase more permits. Hell we could turn it into a group hang! .....Or if you are a loner and just want to take the permit, and camp separately that's fine too

Normally I would just change the reservation but I just got some new camera gear and don't want to miss the azalea blooms, especially considering the long term forecast shows good weather.

Ill be taking the Gregory Bald trail from Parson Branch Rd, which is about 4 miles and the easiest approach up the mountain. That being said, there are about 5 different routes up the mountain if you don't want to drive down the 1 way Parson branch road or if you want to come from the NC side of the park and avoid Cades Cove.

Feel free to respond here or PM me if you're interested. I've logged about 1000 miles in the park so always happy to assist with gear/hike plans. Hope someone can make it! I'm pretty easy going and will be spending a lot of time on photography up there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Mentally, I'm still in the Smokies"
    https://lighterpack.com/r/x0j67m

• + New Posts