Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

MI > miCHILIgan > Yankee Springs Rec Area, Middleville > Oct 12 - Oct 15, 2023

Mark your calendars for the renamed fall hang now called miCHILIgan! (rhymes with gilligan) The new name combines the best of this hang Michigan + Chili = miCHILIgan

Registration sign-up sheet will be posted later in the summer (August-ish)

Location: same as always, Yankee Springs Rec Area in Middleville, MI

Dates: Thursday, Oct 12 - Sunday, Oct 15, 2023

Cost: free. We are once again having a raffle to cover the cost of the hang

UGQ will again be our grand sponsor!

Website coming soon!

Open volunteer position descriptions coming soon!

And to see the latest discussion and pictures, join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/michiligan
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    miCHILIgan is just over three months away and we are in need of volunteers to help run this year's hang.

Diesel has volunteered to handle the raffle, ticket sales and finances for the hang.

Karla "with a k" has volunteered to help out wherever needed - so for now it's recruitment of volunteers.

We have four main positions to fill. If you might be interested, please PM Karla "with a k" so I can set up a phone call to answer your questions.

If we don't fill these positions, the hang will happen this year, but it will be scaled back from what we hope to have and what we have come to love. We are well aware to coordinate a hang this size, we need more than two volunteers. We are hoping YOU will consider stepping up to the plate to contribute. Diesel has already committed to a three year commitment and Karla is hoping this hang will be run by all Michiganders next year.

To be brutally honest, this is a piviotal period which might determine the future of this hang. If no one steps up, the likelihood of this hang in 2024 decreases significantly. However, if we have a few people who will commit a bit, this hang can become very sustainable financially, logistically, organizationally, and not strain volunteer's energies. So, since I know you want to see this hang continue for years, which of these positions do you think fits YOU the most?

1. Logistics coordinator (hoping to find someone who lives within 50 miles of Yankee Springs)
    • Store physical items (canopies, grills, nametags, etc)
    • Set up camp and take down camp
    • Inventory items & replace
    • Coordinate wood delivery

2. Marketing Coordinator
    • Reserve site
    • Update logo & nametags
    • Announce on HammockForums
    • Oversee registration
    • Ensure digital records are kept to help out next year’s event

3. Weekend Event coordinator
    • Coordinate nametag distribution and collection
    • Lead 1st timers social
    • Coordinate gear swap & gear sales event
    • Sponsorship Showcase
    • Organize group picture

4. Kitchen Coordinator / Camp Chef
    • Coordinating group meal sign-up sheet
    • Work with UGQ for meal sponsorships
    • Work with logistics coordinator to set up camp kitchen and pack up
    • Inventory physical items - (broken, need replacement, any new items?)
    • Garbage collection/ removal

FACEBOOK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/michiligan/
    Last edited by Karla "with a k"; 07-10-2023 at 21:13.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I have received zero interest in any of the volunteer positions. This means some things just won't happen this year (like the 1st timers social, nametags, etc). However, there is one task which needs a hard decision.

The hang owns equipment and it needs a place to live. If no one steps up, then we need to get rid of it. I've attached a link to the inventory list. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas on what you'd like to see done. Sell it? Donate it to a local group? Put it in the raffle?

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Sign-up sheet coming next month! Will YOU be making chili this year?

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I am looking for someone (or 2-3 people) to organize and cook Saturday breakfast. I'm also looking for someone (or 2-3 people) to organize and cook and Sunday breakfast.

(I'm basically breaking down the original requested Camp Chef position into meals instead of the whole weekend.)

If intereted in stepping up, I need to know by FRIDAY, AUGUST 11th by 7:17pm (eastern time). I need to know this prior to releasing the registration page because meal/food sign-up is a part of the sign-up spreadsheet.

If no one steps up to coordiante & cook, then there will not be an organized group breakfast and that meal(s) will instead be on your own.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I'm looking for one volunteer to cook scrambled eggs for Saturday morning breakfast and one to cook hashbrown patties.

If I don't find anyone, then we won't have a group breakfast and the meal will be on your own (and you'll cook your own eggs anyways. lol).

So, maybe volunteer an hour of your time for the good of the group?

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Registration is LIVE! Sign-up through the NEW website!

https://michiliganhang.wixsite.com/website

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Signed up and volunteered to cook Sat Breakfast. Looking forward to hangin with everyone again.
    My head is an animal

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by boulderv7 View Post
    Signed up and volunteered to cook Sat Breakfast. Looking forward to hangin with everyone again.
    YES! Thank you, Boulderv7!!! Your knowlege from past hangs is invaluable. I've got some people who will help you cook and organize Saturday breakfast. This means, a community organized Saturday breakfast is ON!!!

Now we need people to sign-up on the spreadsheet (available on the website) and bring those eggs, hashbrowns, and muffins!

Website here: https://bit.ly/miCHILIgan

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Please welcome, Stephanie Arends, as our new Marketing Coordinator. This will be her 1st hang ever and she brings a lot of excitement and an Arkansas twang. Glad to have you aboard!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast