Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    I really like mine. It even keeps the dew off of my underquilt in normal weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
    I really like mine. It even keeps the dew off of my underquilt in normal weather.
    Are you zipping it to the bugnet? If so, is there any concern about the hammock body sagging on the edges?

Images
    Following. I have had the same questions!

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    No actual input yet, but I did order an UQ protector during the Memorial Day sale. I can give feedback once it arrives. I'm assuming it's great.

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    I have it both ziped to either the bugnet of the top protector, but actually in the warm weather I prefer it to not be zipped, and now gravitate towards tying it to the ends. That makes it easier to put the under-quilt on, and fuss with it if needed. I come from a background of cycle camping and used to often stealth camp, so I like a fast fuss free setup whenever I can. Not zipped just makes it faster.

I may be missing something on your sagging question, but there is no sag whatever in my experience. This thing is gossamer light and even if it weight five pounds I don't see it affecting the hang unless one has no ridgeline on the hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel View Post

I may be missing something on your sagging question, but there is no sag whatever in my experience. This thing is gossamer light and even if it weight five pounds I don't see it affecting the hang unless one has no ridgeline on the hammock.
    My concern is about the edge of the hammock body sagging inward when it is detached from the bugnet when the UQP is zipped to the bugnet in its place. Like a netless hammock without a Knotty Mod.
    Last edited by TominMN; 06-08-2023 at 13:55.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    My concern is about the edge of the hammock body sagging inward when it is detached from the bugnet when the UQP is zipped to the bugnet in its place. Like a netless hammock without a Knotty Mod.
    I use my Eldorado sometimes with the bugnet minimally zipped on the foot side. There is a little 'floppiness' with the edge of the hammock I think, but nothing that has ever bothered me or been in the way.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    I don't zip it into my bugnet. Not that it's wrong, I just prefer the hammock and bugnet to act as one entity, if that makes sense (I also don't like bottom entry bugnets for similar reasons).

Their UQP is expensive, but it doesn't interfere with the sight lines which I like and it also gets the edges of the wooki around the shoulder. It really helps boost the warmth of the UQ, so I take it if there's any chance of freezing weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    I use my Eldorado sometimes with the bugnet minimally zipped on the foot side. There is a little 'floppiness' with the edge of the hammock I think, but nothing that has ever bothered me or been in the way.
    That's reassuring. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hang Williams View Post
    I don't zip it into my bugnet. Not that it's wrong, I just prefer the hammock and bugnet to act as one entity, if that makes sense (I also don't like bottom entry bugnets for similar reasons).

Their UQP is expensive, but it doesn't interfere with the sight lines which I like and it also gets the edges of the wooki around the shoulder. It really helps boost the warmth of the UQ, so I take it if there's any chance of freezing weather.
    I know that there's been concern expressed about the loose Wooki edge. Nice to know that the UQP alleviates that to some extent.

Yup, it is expensive! I think it even exceeds the cost of many decent hammock bodies.

Thanks for the response.

• + New Posts