SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images

SLD Trailwinder UQ, SLD Streamliner hammock, AHE Toxaway tarp (potential pkg set)

Let's try this again, been a while since I posted anything for sale...

1. SimplyLightDesigns.com Trailwinder underquilt/UQP - a 10 degree rated UQ (Apex 7.5) with Argon gray as the UQP and Ion Moroccan Blue for the insulation, for 11' hammocks. I feel compelled to state here that my experience is that I would not trust this UQ at 10 degrees, but rather its good to freezing and perhaps into the 20s. Very lightly used, like-new condition, weighs 754g itself, 777g in stuff sack (26.5oz/27.4oz). $160 shipped
    2. SimplyLightDesigns.com Streamliner hammock - 11' hammock in Marpat, double layer with pad openings, a little wider than std - custom to be as wide as the material will allow. Think this means around 60' wide, but it narrows in the middle with cat cuts. Loops for suspension sewn in the channels. Has UQ clips, a custom bag in the middle for storing items, and a custom bottle/can holder at head/left shoulder. Again, very lightly used and very good condition. Weighs 17.7oz in Marpat bishop sack. $70 shipped
    3. Arrowhead Equipment Toxaway tarp - oldie but goodie, no longer available from AHE. This was my first tarp purchase in 2009, so its got some age on it, but is still a viable tarp. Its 12' long and one of the widest tarps available at the time (dimensions below). I've since *******ized it with white cuben (dyneema) doors, now turning off-white, and an internal pole mod, both done by ZQ - Donna, formerly of 2QZQ and now with Dutch. I use an aluminum tent pole with sections left out at the end to get the proper length. Weighs 20.4oz in the included mesh skins. I don't believe I can sell for the actual value, but its a real good tarp that I'm just not using anymore, and it needs to be used in order to stay in good condition. Would be great for someone new to the hobby trying to get a winter tarp for cheap so they can put more $$ into insulation. $70 shipped. Can include the pole I was using for an additional $10 - that much due to increased shipping.

https://www.idratherbehiking.com/toxaway-tarp/

$270 shipped if you buy all 3 as a pkg.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Is the underquilt symmetrical or asym? Is it of the modular variety described in the link as an option, or no?
    Thanks

Hammock
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 76Hawke View Post
    Is the underquilt symmetrical or asym? Is it of the modular variety described in the link as an option, or no?
    Thanks
    From the website link...

"Asym orientation is based on which way you lay in the hammock and the insulation is cut on the angle to save weight and pack space. The Broad Width option adds 6" to the shoulder width for those with wider shoulders."

Its head left, feet right orientation. Its separate from the hammock, insulation is attached to the UQP fabric.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Anything before I move this to the Facebook marketplace?
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    - Kate Chopin

Interested in the AHE tarp. Do you have any pics of it set up?

I found some pics on your page, I'll take the tarp.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Is item still available? If so you may want to bump it at least once every week. Items that are inactive are subject to being removed from the Market Place area, it allows members to know you are still interested and it will keep the moderators from "pinging" you! (Bumps mean to respond in the post)

If you are finished with your thread, please follow the links in my signature for instructions on how to close/move your thread.

If you are going out of town or have limited/no forum access, please close and move your thread before you leave. It saves frustrations when members post questions but do not get responses.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Removed for no response
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts