Tarp
    depends...
    Insulation
    depends...
    Suspension
    Knots and straps

New dude from NC

Long time lurker from NC...

Back in scouts I monkeyed around with a jungle style hammock and never could really get a hang of it.

Fast forward to fall 2014, after makin a huge career change, I leaned towards hammockin to help me out. I had sold everything and was starting a new, I was in need of a bed...but man are those suckers expensive and I knew I still was not goin get a great nights sleep. I sat down, scratched my head, and said shoot I could make a hammock and save some money, so "my" gathered end whipped hammock was born. I learned by watching youtube videos, this is when I was first introduced to SHUG, this was the world I was lookin for. My hammock was nothin fancy but for what I needed it for she worked great!! With a finished length of 9' long, mind you i'm 6'2", I would say it's a bit of a squeeze, but I was clueless and was so happy with my new hammock. I slept in that hammock for ~6 months until I moved in with my now wife, uhhhh back to beds. As time passed over the years I've felt a need/callin to come back to the hangin realm.

Last year I hiked the AT and...welp...gulp...I tented I went with what was comfortable, what I knew but boy do I wish I had learned a hammock setup instead of tenting...maybe next time...

Anyway here I am gettin back into/reigniting my hammockin flame...

-INCH-

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    INCH, y’all are welcome to camp with us at any group hangs or smaller numbers backpacking hangs posted here in Hammock Forums.
    Group car camping hangs are held about six times each year.
    And some of us backpack camp about once a month, especially months with no group hang.

I usually post backpacking hangs with short notice.
    This way, I can check weather for following weekend.
    I don’t want to camp if it’s going to be raining Friday, Saturday, Sunday
    But if it rains a bit, then we are really camping.
    If you miss a hang, due to short notice and schedule conflicts, don’t worry—we will have another hang next month.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner/W.Logics Snipe
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    LocoLibre UQ,WLTQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bks, whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by -INCH- View Post
    Long time lurker from NC...

As time passed over the years I've felt a need/callin to come back to the hangin realm.

Last year I hiked the AT and...welp...gulp...I tented I went with what was comfortable, what I knew but boy do I wish I had learned a hammock setup instead of tenting...maybe next time...

Anyway here I am gettin back into/reigniting my hammockin flame...

-INCH-
    Welcome back INCH - Many of us on here are in a few FaceBook hammock/camping groups and pages. Some are not but just on here. Feel free to check them out if you do FB. A few local one's are NC Hammock Hangers, TarHeel State Hangers and Palmetto State Hangers. Some others are out of state or other regions but good for info.
    I'm just North of Charlotte and we do post the two Yates Place hangs here in HF (Spring & Fall Time change weekends). Any group hangs are good to check out many different brands, (Hammocks/tarps) types and choice of setups, cordage, hardware etc. Hit any of us up for questions, directions, etc.
    Welcome back....
    MooseMan
    North Carolina
    "It is easier to prevent bad habits than to break them" <Ben Franklin>

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Hey INCH! Welcome (back) to the party pal!

The hammocking folks in NC are some of the best people I've had the pleasure of hanging with. Hope to see you at one of the group hangs so I can hear your story of doing the AT. Well done!

Ice
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hey New Dude.
    I'm Shug. Too old to be a dude. Call me a Mister.
    I too sleep in a bed at home and hammocks on trail. Keeps the the hammock special.
    Whooooo Buddy))))
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    homemade
    Tarp
    depends...
    Insulation
    depends...
    Suspension
    Knots and straps
    Such a warm welcome y'all thanks!!

Phantom Grappler - thanks for the heads up on local hangs!! I'll keep an eye out for any outings posted.

Mooseman - I'm not on the book of faces but my wife is. I'll let her know of those groups. She'll turn around and tell me when my next field trip is I just did miss the Yates Spring hang but am hoping to make a few hangs this fall.

Ice - thanks for the welcome back!! Excited to get to a hang and see what it's all about!!

Shug - HAHAHA everyone is a dude in my book...i'll see what I can do...

-INCH-

• + New Posts