I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hickery and I did that trail thru in 2016 and really enjoyed it. Then went off and did some Linville Gorge. Very hammock friendly.
    Enjoy the stroll~~
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I’ve done it once in each direction. Westbound in 2016 and Eastbound in 2019.
    I prefer westbound to get the hard part over while I’m fresh. I follow an 8 day plan.
    Four days is pretty ambitious, not my cup of tea.
    Good luck!
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Oware 10x12
    Images
    We love our Foothills Trail! What a fun to hike and very hammock friendly trail!

We attempted a westbound thru awhile back, started further east of Caesars head at that old church east of jones gap state park, , hiked thru jones gap and that hospital rock was awesome. We cut it short just past Lauren valley when my wife got a leak in her air pad. I think we did 4 or 5 of the planned 7 days. We called a shuttle to get back to our car at oconee, we came across Hayward Douglass and his trail gang and he said we should've called him, he would've brought new pads and whatever else we needed. Really nice folks affiliated with the FHT society and trail crews.

Anyway, how was your hike? For sure about the abundance of water. If you kept a good pace you could easily thru hike it carrying less than a liter of water at any given time.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 3
    Suspension
    UCR/Spider Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ippon View Post
    We love our Foothills Trail! What a fun to hike and very hammock friendly trail!

We attempted a westbound thru awhile back, started further east of Caesars head at that old church east of jones gap state park, , hiked thru jones gap and that hospital rock was awesome. We cut it short just past Lauren valley when my wife got a leak in her air pad. I think we did 4 or 5 of the planned 7 days. We called a shuttle to get back to our car at oconee, we came across Hayward Douglass and his trail gang and he said we should've called him, he would've brought new pads and whatever else we needed. Really nice folks affiliated with the FHT society and trail crews.

Anyway, how was your hike? For sure about the abundance of water. If you kept a good pace you could easily thru hike it carrying less than a liter of water at any given time.
    Hike was good. I completed it in 3 days and 2 nights. I didn’t intentionally plan that pace but it just unfolded that way. Taz shuttled me from Table Rock to Oconee and I got started at just past 9am Friday and finished around 8pm Sunday. First day was Oconee to the Nantahala just shy of Whitewater Falls. Second day took me from Whitewater Falls area to Laurel Fork Falls and 3rd day up to Sassafras and on over to Table Rock. I hope to do it again as a fall or winter hike and take a couple extra days for a slower pace. The weather was decent but humid, and heavy leaf cover this time of year limits views of Lake Jocassee and some of the ridgelines.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12