Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc

Thumbs down Yates yikes

I used to value camping and hanging at the Yates camp site in Uwharrie as it is only an hour and a half drive for me. There is now a public input period, which i’ve aleays wondered if any bureaucrat follows, to implement a new $10 per night fee to hang at Yates. Fyi.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/nfsnc...=fseprd1111032

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    There might be changes at Yates, or maybe not.

Let them know your thinking.

A per night fee, might reduce number of campers who are homeless—camping for more than 14 nights.

Questions I have:
    If there are numbered campsites, will they be bulldozed-cleared of all good hammock trees.

Will there be pull through sites for large camper trailers.

What if the campsite I get, does not have any good hammock spaced trees? Would it be ok for me to hang my hammock beyond perimeter of campsite?

For all this money, would we get potable tap water?
    Would we get flush toilets, sinks, and showers?

Will there be a campsite host?

What about backpackers, who park at Yates, and hike into forest on Uwharrie Trail and Dutchman’s Creek Trail? Will they be charged a fee to park?

Will this be similar to West Morris Mountain Campground? There they have a free parking lot for backpackers at trailhead.

Ask questions, by letter or Email, I’m not sure how to contact them.
    I Emailed them and got NO Response and certainly no Live Response. That said, I think they will do as they please, and the contact is a formality only to stay within the bounds of law.

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    There is free camping in the woods. There is a nice group site on Moccasin Creek rd but no pit toilet.

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    There is no mention of any "improvements" if one considers adapting nature to man's needs, mentioned at all. It makes mention of camping fees, but not parking fees, thus people willing to go deeper into the woods would not be affected, but a group hang like in years past would cost. I'm not cheap, but I pay taxes and seem to get less in return every single year, so it is an ideological thing for me. People here won't have a clue as to what I mean, but I grew up in a communist country where you couldn't paint your door of fix your window without a committee and fees, and I'm kind of alergic to this sort of encroachment. I suffer from deja vu.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
    There is no mention of any "improvements" if one considers adapting nature to man's needs, mentioned at all. It makes mention of camping fees, but not parking fees, thus people willing to go deeper into the woods would not be affected, but a group hang like in years past would cost. I'm not cheap, but I pay taxes and seem to get less in return every single year, so it is an ideological thing for me. People here won't have a clue as to what I mean, but I grew up in a communist country where you couldn't paint your door of fix your window without a committee and fees, and I'm kind of alergic to this sort of encroachment. I suffer from deja vu.
    First they came for the campground fees, and I did not speak out -- because I don't use campgrounds.

• + New Posts