Hello from Southeast PA (Bucks County)

I have not hung yest and I am looking for folks in my area I can talk to about. Specifically I am looking for a group hand and gear rental to see if it is for me. Please hit me up if you might have some insight on this.

I love camping have done mostly tailgate camping with my wife. I really want to get off the beaten trail.

Hello from harrisburg area. There is a group hang in caledonia state park by MAHHA in the spring (which just passed) and fall. That would be an ideal place to see the different setups, and ask for personal advise. Dutch from Dutchwaregear is there, and its overall a great time. Look in the northeast group hang area on this forum for other group hangs in the area.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    I second the idea to find a group hang that you can attend. The people are always friendly, happy to show their gear, and sometimes, even loan their gear for the night. Once you spend the night in a comfortable hammock, you'll never want to sleep on the ground again.
    Have fun!

Charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by ozwhitesell View Post
    I have not hung yest and I am looking for folks in my area I can talk to about. Specifically I am looking for a group hand and gear rental to see if it is for me. Please hit me up if you might have some insight on this.

I love camping have done mostly tailgate camping with my wife. I really want to get off the beaten trail.
    I'm prom the Phil. area and I'm going to a hang in Ohio May 25. Leaving Thur. evening. Let me know if you're interested in joining.

Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    I'm from Upper Northampton County, near the Delaware Water Gap. I have extra gear that I can show / lend you at a hang to try out and see how it works for you. Can probably blather on ad nauseum re hammocking and answer any questions you'd have. Appalachian Trail is an option for a quick hike and hang, also parks locally are Hickory Run SP, Promised Land SP, Mauch Chunk County Park (Jim Thorpe), Worthington SF in NJ. Pick a date and see if there are any takers for a meet-up hang.

• + New Posts