WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

90 degree hammock tarp suggestions

I am considering switching to a 90 degree style hammock- any suggestions for what tarps are available?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I use the Amok Skjold 10 UL and it fits the Amok Draumr perfectly with plenty of coverage.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You can make a Warbonnet Superfly work.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    I use the Amok Skjold 10 UL and it fits the Amok Draumr perfectly with plenty of coverage.
    Thanks for the suggestion! How is the quality and durability of the ul tarp? I was wondering how it holds up compared to the standard tarp?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    You can make a Warbonnet Superfly work.
    Shug

Thx shug!

--unknown

I use the Gold Armour 12 X 14 Tarp it is big enough for camp in Different set ups and even work in a big Rain Storm with my Amok standard length.image1.jpgimage2.jpg

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I have and used a 10x12 silnylon that I've had for a long time (cheapest but effective); a silnylon Marpat camo from Mountain Wilderness; the tarp that comes with the Amok (purchased as a used set, sold the Amok, but kept the tarp to use with my 90 degrees); I modified a HG Winter Palace with some additional tie outs so that I pitch it sideways over a 90 degree (I could use both the 10x12 silnylon and the Winter Palace for both 90 degree and GE hammocks, and lastly, a OEM multicam CF tarp that goes with the Hammocktent 90 degrees (Luke gave me a deal on this since I was providing Beta on 90 hammock design suggestions). To the best of my memory, I also think I came across the tarp that goes with the Exped Ergo stashed somewhere in the bins of outdoor gear. This is all to say there are a bunch of available options at varying degrees of expense and suitability. Especially for hack like myself.
    MountainWildernessMarpatAmokTarp_2.jpgGammaULpads_2.jpgBitterrootLionCr_05122018_10.jpgWinterPalaceRaven_10.jpg(This is over a DH Raven but you can see the additional tie outs for 10 feet between the tarp tie out distance)

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    I have and used a 10x12 silnylon that I've had for a long time (cheapest but effective); a silnylon Marpat camo from Mountain Wilderness; the tarp that comes with the Amok (purchased as a used set, sold the Amok, but kept the tarp to use with my 90 degrees); I modified a HG Winter Palace with some additional tie outs so that I pitch it sideways over a 90 degree (I could use both the 10x12 silnylon and the Winter Palace for both 90 degree and GE hammocks, and lastly, a OEM multicam CF tarp that goes with the Hammocktent 90 degrees (Luke gave me a deal on this since I was providing Beta on 90 hammock design suggestions). To the best of my memory, I also think I came across the tarp that goes with the Exped Ergo stashed somewhere in the bins of outdoor gear. This is all to say there are a bunch of available options at varying degrees of expense and suitability. Especially for hack like myself.
    MountainWildernessMarpatAmokTarp_2.jpgGammaULpads_2.jpgBitterrootLionCr_05122018_10.jpgWinterPalaceRaven_10.jpg(This is over a DH Raven but you can see the additional tie outs for 10 feet between the tarp tie out distance)
    How did you like the amok tarp?

--unknown

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Honestly I haven't used it. When I'm backpacking I go with the lightest option, i.e. CF. When I'm at a regular campground I default to the Silnylon because I'm paranoid enough not to completely trust the migrating campground visitors who might be attracted to picking up a hammock and CF tarp for cheap, if you get my drift. But I don't see a reason why it wouldn't for fine. I will plan on taking the Amok tarp out for a spin when the weather begs for a trip and that is most likely the memorial day weekend.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Im definitely leaning toward the Amok tarp. Im just not sure wether to go with the ultra light and save some weight, or go with the heavier one and have more durability. Tough call!

--unknown

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast