Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Yes, it has weight and costs money, but a Tensa Solo pole will greatly help in the "two good trees" department. It was often a struggle finding two (or four, or three) trees, the proper distance with no in-between trees/foliage interfering with the tarp. How naive I was starting out with a hammock; "How hard can it be; there are trees everywhere."

Looks like you took advantage of the "Hammocks can work on sloping ground" feature. When I tried that, I learned that though the hammock was fine, everything put on the ground rolled downhill.

It's great that you are getting your kids outside and, hopefully, away from Cell service for a brief moment.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Yes, it has weight and costs money, but a Tensa Solo pole will greatly help in the "two good trees" department. It was often a struggle finding two (or four, or three) trees, the proper distance with no in-between trees/foliage interfering with the tarp. How naive I was starting out with a hammock; "How hard can it be; there are trees everywhere."

Looks like you took advantage of the "Hammocks can work on sloping ground" feature. When I tried that, I learned that though the hammock was fine, everything put on the ground rolled downhill.

It's great that you are getting your kids outside and, hopefully, away from Cell service for a brief moment.
    When hanging on steep slopes I have often cut a little shelf into the hillside for cooking platform, feet etc. Restored upon leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Did some testing with my backyard stand and "porch mode". Had never done that with a tarp, but using a pair of dog bones as extenders on my tarp guylines it worked really well! Even got some good rain over the weekend to truly test it out. Going to work really well on my upcoming BWCA trips this year.

Of course I had to stress test the setup with someone super wiggly to really put it through its paces.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    So precious.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowraheem View Post
    [IMG]Of course I had to stress test the setup with someone super wiggly to really put it through its paces.
    That's not fair! That's just too cute for words.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Got the chance to head a bit north to Oberg "mountain" here in MN. I'd heard of it before, its near Lutsen an area up here that has a ton of maple trees, and as a result usually looks incredible in the fall. I was hoping I'd spot the Maple King, but alas the weather turned on us and we were lucky to get the views that we did.

One of the few clear views we got all day.

More typical few of the day.

Probably one of our last fall hikes as a family of 3. Baby #2 due this January!

Also notice the dog does not care to take photos at all. She's busy trying to scare up Grouse, which she did at least once this trip.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Got the chance to head a bit north to Oberg "mountain" here in MN. I'd heard of it before, its near Lutsen an area up here that has a ton of maple trees, and as a result usually looks incredible in the fall. I was hoping I'd spot the Maple King, but alas the weather turned on us and we were lucky to get the views that we did.
    The Maple King would approve......

I was just up there with Wandern'Fool for two nights. Manitou/Caribou area. Colors popping!..https://youtu.be/bCNIJ0TvRlI

Shug
    Last edited by Shug; 09-29-2023 at 23:19.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet minifly
    Insulation
    EE underquilt, Kel
    Suspension
    Dynaweave Beckett

One of the few clear views we got all day.

More typical few of the day.

Probably one of our last fall hikes as a family of 3. Baby #2 due this January!

Also notice the dog does not care to take photos at all. She's busy trying to scare up Grouse, which she did at least once this trip.
    Love to see the color! The tulip poplars are just now starting to have a few yellow leaves here in TN…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Mentally, I'm still in the Smokies"
    https://lighterpack.com/r/x0j67m

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Beautiful colors! I see your little one has her Puddle Stompers on- did she have a chance to get down and stomp?
    Congrats on #2.

Charlotte

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 double layer
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/HG Pheonix
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Images

Grays Peak, Near Big Bear, CA

We took a quick overnight trip near Big Bear, CA on October 6th, 2023. It was an introduction backpacking trip a high schooler. He did great! We did about 7 miles round trip and 1100ft of climbing. The forecast called for a low of 41 degrees, but it ended up being warmer.

We had nothing like the fall colors in the post above, but hey, this is SoCal. You will see in the video, what we call fall colors.

It was, never the less, an enjoyable and relaxing and successful trip. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/xjh_l3ERmMI?si=hWo3IJZPCJ3ugKVV

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast