Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    I took a quick outing with the family last night. It was a 2 mile hike into camp. I went to set up on two trees I've used in the past only to look up and realize that they were dead (and almost certainly had been last time I used them as well ). No matter, I picked out two other trees.

There was a good chance of rain in the forecast, so I brought the 12' tarp with doors. It continued its stellar record of preventing any rain from falling. I set it 8' high and porch mode with the trekking poles fully extended.

Aside from that, the fishing was the best I've ever had in GA in terms of quantity, though I didn't catch any of particular size or beauty to warrant pulling out the phone. There were certainly some scenic areas of the stream that were worthy of pictures, but were left to my mental camera. I packed in steaks for dinner which were extraordinarily delicious. We got on the trail early in the morning to get my daughter to one of her friend's princess parties for a total time ~22 hrs in the wilderness.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    What a great trip that sounded like. I'm inclined to try cooking steaks on a backpacking stove now too.

We went on another trip up north to Temperance River State Park for any Minnesotans who know that park.

Did a cart in site, which meant I overpacked like crazy and hauled in a lot of gear. But we were super thankful for that big bug tent. The mosquitos were as bad as I've seen them in a long time. I had heard that this year is supposed to be a record year for mosquitos in norther MN.

I spent one night under my MiniFly and SLD Trail Lair. Slept great! Love that hammock.

We hiked up Carlton Peak while we were there too. The bugs were awful but we still had a good hike even if my legs are a little tired today from hauling this kid up there! Those Thermacells worked great for us on that hike though actually. I tucked one in my pack and they left my kid alone long enough that she fell asleep on the way up there.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowraheem View Post
    What a great trip that sounded like. I'm inclined to try cooking steaks on a backpacking stove now too.

We went on another trip up north to Temperance River State Park for any Minnesotans who know that park.

Did a cart in site, which meant I overpacked like crazy and hauled in a lot of gear. But we were super thankful for that big bug tent. The mosquitos were as bad as I've seen them in a long time. I had heard that this year is supposed to be a record year for mosquitos in norther MN.

I spent one night under my MiniFly and SLD Trail Lair. Slept great! Love that hammock.

We hiked up Carlton Peak while we were there too. The bugs were awful but we still had a good hike even if my legs are a little tired today from hauling this kid up there! Those Thermacells worked great for us on that hike though actually. I tucked one in my pack and they left my kid alone long enough that she fell asleep on the way up there.
    She'll be carrying her own gear before you know it.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    On Friday, I did a short 2 mile hike in to the Uintah Mountains, Soapstone area. 2 weeks ago I did 1-nighter in the same area and had to snowshoe hike in. The snow was gone in this area for this hike; it was just muddy and wet. Lots of mosquitos. Had a nice rain Friday night, and ate dinner under the tarp. I forgot to pack my headlamp/flashlight, so went to bed when it got dark, about 9pm. Slept about 11 hours(), woke up at 8:10am. I really needed that.

We had record breaking snowfall this year, and everything is as green as can be.

PXL_20230602_200022904.jpg

PXL_20230602_200242919.jpg

PXL_20230602_200407635.jpg

PXL_20230603_153948473-PANO.jpg

PXL_20230603_154034322.jpg

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    That place looks awesome! Do you get many wildflowers there?

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowraheem View Post
    That place looks awesome! Do you get many wildflowers there?
    Thank you! It's one of my favorite areas for quick trips. In that particular area I was in, yes, the wildflowers come out and they can be pretty spectacular. Just up the road a few more miles it becomes more high alpine terrain, which has less wildflowers, but is a different kind of amazing.

Hammock
    Darien
    Tarp
    HG Hex
    Insulation
    HG and CRO
    Suspension
    Kevlar-Lapp Hitch
    Enjoyed hearing about these. Thanks for sharing!
    "Walking is man's best medicine." - Hippocrates

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB "Supafly!"
    Insulation
    WB Wookie, JRB Top
    Images

Mountain Loop Jaunt

Took the opportunity to head out for a wee overnight hang on the Mountain Loop Highway , WA. Loads of dispersed spots and there are some amazing options if you're willing to hike/bike up the forest tracks. This is one of the spots along the gravel track between Barlow Pass and Darrington side of the loop (which is currently closed while the winter debris is being cleared). Happy Hanging!!!

site_view.JPG

Fire_Bike.JPG

Hammock View.JPG

Looking back at the site.JPG

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Love all these right goody of some shorty trips~~
    Whoooooo Buddy))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    Quote Originally Posted by stoaf View Post
    Took the opportunity to head out for a wee overnight hang on the Mountain Loop Highway , WA. Loads of dispersed spots and there are some amazing options if you're willing to hike/bike up the forest tracks. This is one of the spots along the gravel track between Barlow Pass and Darrington side of the loop (which is currently closed while the winter debris is being cleared). Happy Hanging!!!

site_view.JPG

Fire_Bike.JPG

Hammock View.JPG

Looking back at the site.JPG
    That looks fantastic. Is spring runoff already done there?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast