Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i think the bling is cool too, and i hope i get to play with it some day. i mean, titanium is cool regardless.

but functionality wise, i find it hard to beat the system i showed in other threads a few years ago: it's based on "tie once" knots, and it is much easier and faster to operate than any hardware (the linelocs come close though, i guess). not as cool as the bling for sure, and boring compared to the truckers hitch too (a bit too inconspicuous to impress anyone).

as shug said, i'd take a dremel to those things out of the box, as i don't like sharp corners near rope, but as to how to modify them, different story, i'd ask dutch maybe what he suggests

16861608412451061569162892318735.jpg
    I just happened to be splicing Stingerz. Hopefully this helps...

The above pic is the Stinger engaged, as though it's holding a tarp.

Below is what happens if you try to pull the rope out of the Stinger from the side. It makes a tight bend that can be harder to release.
    16861609868817433086846618824628.jpg

If you pull the Stinger straight back behind the "butt", it usually releases much easier. See below:
    16861611868587267402917934720939.jpg

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by nanok View Post
    i think the bling is cool too, and i hope i get to play with it some day. i mean, titanium is cool regardless.

but functionality wise, i find it hard to beat the system i showed in other threads a few years ago: it's based on "tie once" knots, and it is much easier and faster to operate than any hardware (the linelocs come close though, i guess). not as cool as the bling for sure, and boring compared to the truckers hitch too (a bit too inconspicuous to impress anyone).

as shug said, i'd take a dremel to those things out of the box, as i don't like sharp corners near rope, but as to how to modify them, different story, i'd ask dutch maybe what he suggests
    Do you have a link for the tie once post? Was looking around and couldnt find it, would be interested to see what you do.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickence View Post
    If you pull the Stinger straight back behind the "butt", it usually releases much easier. See below:
    If it helps someone, this is how I release the line on a DW Wasp also. Pulling to the opposite side only seems to "bind" it more.

Yes! This works for all bling with "wings"! ��

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowraheem View Post
    Do you have a link for the tie once post? Was looking around and couldnt find it, would be interested to see what you do.
    you have trouble to find it? hell, i have trouble to find it, and i posted it. we need to do something about this (well, it's a forum, it's kind of normal, i should just put it together on a standalone website for easy reference).

i think this one is the best one/latest, based on the blake hitch.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...hitch-variant)

let me know (can be in that thread or this one) if i can explain something further, i'm glad to help getting it tested by other people (i tested it thoroughly, like it, but it's kind of meh if it's just for me). there's references in that thread to the original variant too, which was based on the VT, but same idea and operation

Hammock
    Darien Dream Hammock
    Images
    Thanks for this. I'll give it a go this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickence View Post
    16861608412451061569162892318735.jpg
    I just happened to be splicing Stingerz. Hopefully this helps...

The above pic is the Stinger engaged, as though it's holding a tarp.

Below is what happens if you try to pull the rope out of the Stinger from the side. It makes a tight bend that can be harder to release.
    16861609868817433086846618824628.jpg

“There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.” Nelson Mandela

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    I also had to loosen my Dutch Wasp. Fortunately it was very easy.

Looking at this thread again, I may consider some kind of knot solution for tensioning my tarp guylines. I have used Tarpworms for a long time, but it would be nice to have a permanent knot to just slide down.

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur / TL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles/Becket
    Once I discovered these, I haven’t looked back. They also come in titanium. I’m find it so easy to get my tarp right where I want it and it’s so simple.

https://youtu.be/PO3TURgNjs0

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I'm outfitting my tarp ridgelines with those toggles and NAMA Claws. At one time I bought a lifetime suppose of wooden beads from Joann's. I think I was going to put them in Whoopie loops to prevent over-closing. Either the plastic tab shown in the video or a wooden bead would make a fine handle.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12